British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

i beieve matt will pull out of speedway all together if the facility is not viable to race at the stadium!!!

Absolutely agree,he will cash in and try to sell his rider assets. Unless he can find another track to make home, Wimborne Road isn't the only option imo.

Edited by lewy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Absolutely agree,he will cash in and try to sell his rider assets. Unless he can find another track to make home, Wimborne Road isn't the only option imo.

If it gets to that point i think the council will see a hell of a lot of fan resistance , not that it will make a lot of diference. As for altunative location, any suggestions ?

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

If it gets to that point i think the council will see a hell of a lot of fan resistance , not that it will make a lot of diference. As for altunative location, any suggestions ?

Wasn't there talk if a track in Southampton a few years back albeit for Training purposes. Not too far away is it?? down the M27

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Wasn't there talk if a track in Southampton a few years back albeit for Training purposes. Not too far away is it?? down the M27

Talk is as far as it got.

5 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

With Peterborough and now Wolverhampton closing at the end of the season, what encouragement will be made for Poole to move up 

With 14 clubs (if Edinburgh can continue) are 2 leagues sustainable? Worrying state of affairs for British speedway, in reality should've been looking to move away from traditional shared venues years ago

28 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Do Championship League / Cup / BSN fixtures take priority over Polish U24 meetings?

Hmm, maybe. Zach didn't miss any away meetings for us at Plymouth last season, but the rule may have changed for this season? @racers and royals or @Skidder1 prob know for sure.

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm, maybe. Zach didn't miss any away meetings for us at Plymouth last season, but the rule may have changed for this season? @racers and royals or @Skidder1 prob know for sure.

I should imagine that as the Poles run a squad system for the U 24 league. Scheduled  GB fixtures would take preference- not so sure about re- arranged ones though. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Do Championship League / Cup / BSN fixtures take priority over Polish U24 meetings?

Ask Plymouth.  The Polish U24 league operates a squad system so its possible to work around any fixture clashes.

ps. Sorry RandR you got there before me.

Edited by Skidder1

On 4/14/2023 at 2:48 PM, HGould said:

You being serious, Poole riding in Southampton. I doubt it.

11 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

You being serious, Poole riding in Southampton. I doubt it.

Why not?   We used to have a speedway track and moderately successful team back in the day! 

We have supported and travelled to Poole every season for over 40 years, so why would it be such an issue should Poole relocate?