British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

Just now, PTW said:

Not convinced with Anders Rowe,seems another Drew Kemp tbh we will wait and see I guess…. 

Indeed, last chance to impress really especially if his attitude doesn't improve at Poole it won't anywhere really, as you say will wait and see....

• Like 1

He will need to hit the ground running otherwise can see changes very early. Hope I’m wrong but think he will struggle in the main part of team. Will drop to reserve but team wise I would hope the main team at the start of season keep the pace and stay in the main body of the team keeping Newman & Roynon at reserve most of season.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

A very un Poole signing, fully expected rew. Has the talent but always seemed to lack consistency. A step down from Thomas imo and will probably end up at reserve first set of averages. Not strongest side on paper but it's Poole, so they'll be up there come end of season 

• Like 1

Poole deserve credit for signing a British rider instead of another Australian. 

Rowe is not unlike Thomas, has shown glimpses of great potential but injuries have cropped up at the wrong time. 

A bit like Kemp in that he's sometimes not been seen as a team player. 

It's a great chance for him to kick on, hopefully he will grasp it. 

Be great to see Jack back too at some point. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Maybe just maybe rew doesn’t want to ride for Poole .

Maybe he is too expensive. Someone already said it was going to Rew from a Poole team member, so something must have been agreed at some point?

Edited by lisa-colette

53 minutes ago, james1234 said:

Can see more changes come May, lot of pressure on the Cook brothers this season! 

I put money on Poole splashing the cash on a foreigner on a attractive average. I would be surprised if Roynon, Newman and Rowe were still in the team come October.

1 hour ago, eric i said:

I put money on Poole splashing the cash on a foreigner on a attractive average. I would be surprised if Roynon, Newman and Rowe were still in the team come October.

Splash the cash, you've got us muddled up with someone else 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Splash the cash, you've got us muddled up with someone else 

I got you muddled up with another well known balloon but these things happen.

Edited by Gazc

2 hours ago, eric i said:

I put money on Poole splashing the cash on a foreigner on an attractive average. I would be surprised if Roynon, Newman and Rowe were still in the team come October.

Agree don’t think Roynon or Newman will see out the season at Poole,unless the Cooks become 8-9 pt men.( which could possibly happen).

• Like 1