British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

12 minutes ago, mac101 said:

shame no only got  5.21 to play with dillon 5.47 maybe get one off the names mentioned and hopefully someone’s ave drops by .26 after ave changes and bring dillon ruml in  or maybe a new foreigner  on  accessed 5 plenty options 

How about just giving Dan Thompson the job for the season, & help another British rider progress ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

It’s very unfortunate what has happened to jack thomas and I feel so sorry for him but if Poole make 2 changes to compensate for it in my eyes is disgraceful putting someone out of a job this close to the season is bang out of order with the points Poole have there is enough decent riders to fill that spot this is one interested person to see the morals of messers ford.

I get your sentiment but Poole will do what is best for Poole and I would expect any club to do the same.

If they decide to change two then that’s there prerogative.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Read carefully, I wrote ‘ if it lifts ‘, which despite the previous comments, it CAN do , under certain circumstances . Yes, they are heavier than ‘air ‘ panels but a bike going in first is still capable of lifting a panel.

We’ve had a Polyfoam barrier at Berwick for a long time now and witnessed a lot of high speed incidents where the bike has went in first and yet to see the barrier lift, They are a different proposition to the inflatable version.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Read carefully, I wrote ‘ if it lifts ‘, which despite the previous comments, it CAN do , under certain circumstances . Yes, they are heavier than ‘air ‘ panels but a bike going in first is still capable of lifting a panel.

Absolute crap.   The polyfoam fence panels are huge, and very heavy.  A speedway bike, or bikes, won't lift them an inch.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

I've heard from a member of the Poole side, that whilst no deal has been signed, but Keynan Rew's gunna be Jack's replacement

If that's the case I'd say they are strong favourites assuming Rew is fully committed.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 6:13 PM, proud panther said:

How about just giving Dan Thompson the job for the season, & help another British rider progress ?

Just maybe Dan does not want to go to Poole as has others options once new averages come into force, Still has plenty on with Premiership,National League and European racing 

With the team that Poole have built it has to be considered that they will make a change or two in May 

32 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Just maybe Dan does not want to go to Poole as has others options once new averages come into force, Still has plenty on with Premiership,National League and European racing 

With the team that Poole have built it has to be considered that they will make a change or two in May 

Agree with the first part, but why would Poole make a n unenforced change or two in May?

4 hours ago, flagrag said:

I can't believe that would be the case, giving up a team spot, just in case another comes up later in the year!

43 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

With the shorter league fixtures we need to hit the ground running otherwise the season will be finished by the end of August! So thoughts of changes in May I would be surprised.

Poole don't start their Championship League fixtures til 24th May!