British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Unless I have missed something which is not unusual tbh! Dan doing RS in Prem and NL. Whereas Rowe and Kemp, just doing U24 Poland? 

Depends if Kemp or Rowe sign for both Poole & Ipswich, they'll both be "match fit" then. Mind you even if Kemp only signs for Poole on one league, that's no different to the amount of racing Kyle Newman is getting!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Depends if Kemp or Rowe sign for both Poole & Ipswich, they'll both be "match fit" then. Mind you even if Kemp only signs for Poole on one league, that's no different to the amount of racing Kyle Newman is getting!

That is true. But if you are choosing between Drew, Dan and Anders then when the meetings start Dan will have more regular meetings than the other two, unless Anders signs for Ipswich, then pretty even depending on how often he rides in Poland. 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

That is true. But if you are choosing between Drew, Dan and Anders then when the meetings start Dan will have more regular meetings than the other two, unless Anders signs for Ipswich, then pretty even depending on how often he rides in Poland. 

I would say Dan is a better option, he has more potential in my opinion. Bit strange he hasn't been able to get a ride in the Championship. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I would say Dan is a better option, he has more potential in my opinion. Bit strange he hasn't been able to get a ride in the Championship. 

I think it is mostly down to his average. Especially considering most teams have high averaged riders and then really low averaged riders. Also half of his average is from Leicester and there is no Leicester (in this league). That's why I asked what his away average was last season as a guide. 

I can understand fans looking at his scores at Poole and not being sure. But it must be easier to ride Poole as a Poole rider than riding Poole as an away rider, as you have battle the track you might only see once or twice a year and the home team.

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think it is mostly down to his average. Especially considering most teams have high averaged riders and then really low averaged riders. Also half of his average is from Leicester and there is no Leicester (in this league). That's why I asked what his away average was last season as a guide. 

I can understand fans looking at his scores at Poole and not being sure. But it must be easier to ride Poole as a Poole rider than riding Poole as an away rider, as you have battle the track you might only see once or twice a year and the home team.

Yes that is true, he had one great meeting at Poole when he was a reserve apart from that not too impressive although I think he rode at 5 sometimes which would have been tough, he was very good at Leicester but he has done a lot of laps there. I doubt his scores in the later stages of last season were much different to Kemp and he wouldn't have Kemp's attitude so I think after some laps at Poole with the guidance of the more experienced riders and Middlo he would do well. It looks like a straight choice between Kemp and Dan Thompson to me. 

• Like 1

Any Poole fan that was happy with JT surely would see DanT as an very good replacement,still young and has lot of improvement to come IMO.Couple of weeks and he would soon have the track and set ups sorted IMO.

• Like 4

On 3/5/2023 at 11:18 AM, Skidder1 said:

Shame he can't ride it!!!

If Keynan Rew is on 5 points then he's worth a punt. I know there were on going discussions with him before he signed for Ippo,  which if Poole had known they could have shared all his initial costs with Ippo.;)

With his commitments in Poland, he’s bound to miss a large handful of matches over here. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, weatherman said:

Do fixtures clash then?

I know nothing about the lad and couldn't care less about Poland so I'm a bit naive

As far as I know the under 24 ekstraliga is a mid week league?? Also Keynan Rew is a brilliant rider and one of the world's top prospects... he would tear the championship apart imo... he'd be an 8 point rider by the end of the season

37 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

As far as I know the under 24 ekstraliga is a mid week league?? Also Keynan Rew is a brilliant rider and one of the world's top prospects... he would tear the championship apart imo... he'd be an 8 point rider by the end of the season

U/24 in Poland is a Tuesday.

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

According to the programme freom the last home meeting Dan's away average was 4.29

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

U/24 in Poland is a Tuesday.

Rew is not riding for his parent club Leszno in the U24 Lge this season as he did in 2022.

Leszno decided to loan him out to Gdansk Coast in Lge 1 for 2023 to give him more experience against more experienced/better class riders. He is following a similar path to what they did with Jamon Lidsey.

This means racing mainly Sundays so no real clashes with UK Prem or Champ.

Also in a POL interview he stated that besides Ipswich he also wanted to secure a Champ slot (for which he would be a 5 point rider and not 4 only because he has raced in competitive  racing in POL Lge 2 and DK Prem).

I understood it was more a cost issue previously in view of flights/mechanic/equipment/accommodation/workshop  etc as he planned to base himself in POL with I think his POL girlfriend.

You would not have such costs with a Rowe or Kemp or Thompson much as I would like to see Rew at Poole.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
add text
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No idea I wouldn't have thought being based in Poland being a problem.

The cost of flying him in and out might be though.

1 minute ago, kevin bass said:

I'm sure Rowe had based himself in Poland last season and was happy just to race over there in their league after he lost his team place in both league's over here, dunno where he's gonna be based this coming season tho.

I'm confused as I thought we were talking about Rew, but their names are similar! 

I'm confused as I thought we were talking about Rew, but their names are similar! 

What do you expect. This is the BSF  :rofl::rofl:

• Like 1