British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Adam did co-commentary for BSN for some meetings last season - mainly Midlands/Southern ones if memory serves.

There’s no real money in that. Travel expenses plus a little bit for time. Not enough to make a living I should imagine. BSN is surely run on a tight budget and can’t squander money on guest commentators. 

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Yes Lisa we were there drenched and ready to go home, and then the incredible comeback started, never seen anything like that to this day, means one thing, never right the pirates off 

I remember some Poole fans did leave after heat 8, and got ridiculed at the dinner dance. What a night that was. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I remember some Poole fans did leave after heat 8, and got ridiculed at the dinner dance. What a night that was. 

If you leave after H8 you are definitely not getting your money's worth. Almost paying double for amount of heats you see. I would stay for all 15 even if 20 down. 

I may need a drink to help though ;):D

And cannot be bad as watching Southampton FC at the moment! :cry:

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If you leave after H8 you are definitely not getting your money's worth. Almost paying double for amount of heats you see. I would stay for all 15 even if 20 down. 

I may need a drink to help though ;):D

And cannot be bad as watching Southampton FC at the moment! :cry:

So you do support one dreadful team then Lisa .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yep Loram, Ricko, Adam’s, Lindback . Unbelt don’t know what was said before improvement & I remember Loram coming in for a dodgy Lindback injury !!

5 minutes ago, Supersub said:

Yep Loram, Ricko, Adam’s, Lindback . Unbelt don’t know what was said before improvement & I remember Loram coming in for a dodgy Lindback injury !!

If I remember correctly bearing in mind it is quite a while ago. Lindback was rested by the doctor after 2 rides with a hip injury?? (Well I was told it was hip, not sure what the official line was!) But Lindback celebrating on the parade truck by jumping up and down is neither here or there! ;) Also think Garry Stead guested for us at reserve. Swear he was celebrating more than the Poole riders!! 

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If I remember correctly bearing in mind it is quite a while ago. Lindback was rested by the doctor after 2 rides with a hip injury?? (Well I was told it was hip, not sure what the official line was!) But Lindback celebrating on the parade truck by jumping up and down is neither here or there! ;) Also think Garry Stead guested for us at reserve. Swear he was celebrating more than the Poole riders!! 

It definitely helped that Moddlo knew the rulebook inside out, it was a surprise to me at the time that we could bring in Loram s a sub for Lindback .

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

It definitely helped that Moddlo knew the rulebook inside out, it was a surprise to me at the time that we could bring in Loram s a sub for Lindback .

Yeah was pretty crazy that a rider pulls out of a race injured and then you bring in a rider as a TS. Never get away with it now! 

• Like 2

A nice 8 points from 4 rides from Zach Cook in the 3rd round of the Aussie Champ earlier today after a pointless first ride.

It's good experience for him to be mixing it with the top Aussie riders and importantly getting used to riding against more experienced and quality. Also importantly giving him racing experience before the UK season towards end of March.

Never expected him to score lots of points against the top guys but getting odd points here and there can only be good for his development going forward, and importantly time on the bike.

• Like 2

With no Bournemouth football match until Saturday, I wonder if we might get a reserve/s naming during this week.

Bearing in mind we had the first 5 riders named in a 17 day period in December and Jan 1st I assume there is no reason why they can't announce at least one this week. Especially as most of us on the forum have an idea who they are so no work permit issues as both are Brits ;).

I wonder if it is a work permit thing that may be holding up Plym & Brum if they are going for Aussie 4 pointers. Can't see any other reason for their delayed announcing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

With no Bournemouth football match until Saturday, I wonder if we might get a reserve/s naming during this week.

Bearing in mind we had the first 5 riders named in a 17 day period in December and Jan 1st I assume there is no reason why they can't announce at least one this week. Especially as most of us on the forum have an idea who they are so no work permit issues as both are Brits ;).

I wonder if it is a work permit thing that may be holding up Plym & Brum if they are going for Aussie 4 pointers. Can't see any other reason for their delayed announcing.

From what Danny was quoted as saying in a recent Speedway Star, I'd imagine an announcement some time this week.  I'm meeting him on Friday so things may well become clearer by then!;)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

From what Danny was quoted as saying in a recent Speedway Star, I'd imagine an announcement some time this week.  I'm meeting him on Friday so things may well become clearer by then!;)

He also probably knows that those of us who follow these things closely will know near enough by process of elimination that if he follows riding order, as he as done so far, that by naming Newman (should it be him) then the number 7 near enough names himself by virtue of the av left after Kyle's 4.29 av as it leaves less than 4 meaning Roynon only the real logical last selection ;).

Having said that chances are the majority of Poole Fans don't even know that the BSF even exists like with most/all other clubs.