British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

47 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Sounds good to me.

With all due respect to them both Newman and Roynon are past their best but you can imagine they would have plenty of joy against the other reserves named so far, at least initially.

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

With all due respect to them both Newman and Roynon are past their best but you can imagine they would have plenty of joy against the other reserves named so far, at least initially.

Yes but I was impressed with Newman at the end of the season, he got some good scores so I think he is well worth his current average and Roynon I believe is better than his current average and as you say the standard of the reserves is lower next season so they should both score well.

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but I was impressed with Newman at the end of the season, he got some good scores so I think he is well worth his current average and Roynon I believe is better than his current average and as you say the standard of the reserves is lower next season so they should both score well.

With a few 2 point reserves in sides next season if these two become our 6 and 7 we will win a few races although I know nothing about Roynon apart from his commentary on streamed meetings last season it was him wasn't it.Newman done well when he started at Poole I'm sure he'd be happy to return but Matt may surprise us all.

12 minutes ago, Essex said:

With a few 2 point reserves in sides next season if these two become our 6 and 7 we will win a few races although I know nothing about Roynon apart from his commentary on streamed meetings last season it was him wasn't it.Newman done well when he started at Poole I'm sure he'd be happy to return but Matt may surprise us all.

I would be more than happy for Kyle Newman to return, nice guy too. I am sure he will do well for us, he has Poole in his heart too which is a plus.

8 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

He would’ve been dropped if they needed the number 7 to perform, had Drew been at 6 for the playoffs you may have seen a different 2 pointer.

Don't think we could have dropped Ablitt without dropping someone else , Drew at reserve rode quite well, it was only later in the season at second string he struggled so we could have only changed to two riders on a very low average and I am not sure there were any riders available and even if there were, no guarantee it would have worked and I doubt any other 2 pointer would have performed any better than Nathan and he did have some good rides during the season and definitely improved over the season.

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Don't think we could have dropped Ablitt without dropping someone else , Drew at reserve rode quite well, it was only later in the season at second string he struggled so we could have only changed to two riders on a very low average and I am not sure there were any riders available and even if there were, no guarantee it would have worked and I doubt any other 2 pointer would have performed any better than Nathan and he did have some good rides during the season and definitely improved over the season.

Going into play-offs Poole were 3 over limit so King and Ablitt out  for Jack Smith and a 4 pointer would have worked. Note even Bickley and a 4 pointer would have been too high for a double change.

So unless there was a magic 2 pointer out there Ablitt was pretty much irreplaceable. And he still looks the best option if Pirates want a strong no 6 in 2023.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Going into play-offs Poole were 3 over limit so King and Ablitt out  for Jack Smith and a 4 pointer would have worked. Note even Bickley and a 4 pointer would have been too high for a double change.

So unless there was a magic 2 pointer out there Ablitt was pretty much irreplaceable. And he still looks the best option if Pirates want a strong no 6 in 2023.

Not sure if roynon will be number 6 or 7 but he will be at Poole. 

9 hours ago, Essex said:

A very nice guy and I have had a few chats with Adam last couple of seasons. He was touted as a future star at the start of his career but had some horrendous smashes which basically wrecked his opportunities. Was out of the sport for quite a long time. Possibly a real bargain at reserve compared to other clubs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A very nice guy and I have had a few chats with Adam last couple of seasons. He was touted as a future star at the start of his career but had some horrendous smashes which basically wrecked his opportunities. Was out of the sport for quite a long time. Possibly a real bargain at reserve compared to other clubs. 

I was one of many who spoke to him at Kings Lynn and I would agree he is a nice guy and a good rider so should be a reliable reserve.