British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

There are a good few still not named in teams. Both the above plus Rowe/Ruml/Nicol/Starke/Morris/Bailey/Morley/Newman in that 4 to 5 range.

Suppose the price of one less club so 7 more riders become available over less teams plus the points reduction meaning its a scramble to fit in meaning more NDL riders out in to squeeze into the new limit.

Think you’ve hit the nail On the head. 

especially with the reduction to 40 ,teams are going with far less experience in reserve than last year.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah not sure why the massive delay as there is no Bournemouth football news, so would be the ideal time for the local paper to do announcements. Makes me think some plans have changed. Maybe similar to what Redcar had when riders changed their minds.? 

With Monday's local sports pages/airwaves likely to be full of World Cup stuff and local weekend footie reports as well as Monday being day one of the Pirates Dolphin Centre PR and merch fortnight, I would think a first rider announcement would be midweek at the earliest.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

With Monday's local sports pages/airwaves likely to be full of World Cup stuff and local weekend footie reports as well as Monday being day one of the Pirates Dolphin Centre PR and merch fortnight, I would think a first rider announcement would be midweek at the earliest.

I thought we were waiting for all the other teams to be announced first so we all know the team before it is announced.

5 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Just my opinion.

For those not aware the Aussie Champ one of meeting final for 22 was today and report is on the below.

https://speedwaynews.pl/zuzel/fricke-broni-mistrzostwo-kapitalna-forma-zuzlowca/

Decent meeting for both Rew & Zischke. I know I keep banging on about both but more in hope than expectation. Noises being made on Glasgow Forum about maybe Zischke to them.

I looked at the result, and still stick with my assessment of Rew

“seen him in a number of meetings in Poland, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and in each he's had really bad rides and falls.

good rider though, with a good style for a tall lad, but i'll stick to what i've seen”

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Has to be the average. Him and Drew slightly over 5. Though happily see Dan in the team but not my decision! 

I did say i wouldn't want Dan Thompson as he hasn't had many good meetings at Poole but prefer him to having Kemp back and probably the best available on his average although a new Australian rider would be better.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Good performance from Zach Cook in the Aussie Solo at Gillman. Not so good for Ben Cook whose bikes didn't arrive back from UK. Zischke and Rew both reached the final, won by Fricke.

Would love for us to have at least one of Rew or Zischke in the team, both seem ever exciting. Both consistently doing well during our off season and should be 100% ready for the start of our season.

Now I think Zischke will be be similar to Ben in his first season with us where he quickly got dialed in at home and was patchy away, now if we can pair him with a reserve who can be a consistent point scorer home and away that should be a good pairing. Then it's all about who we pair Ben with at 3 and 4 

19 minutes ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

Would love for us to have at least one of Rew or Zischke in the team, both seem ever exciting. Both consistently doing well during our off season and should be 100% ready for the start of our season.

Now I think Zischke will be be similar to Ben in his first season with us where he quickly got dialed in at home and was patchy away, now if we can pair him with a reserve who can be a consistent point scorer home and away that should be a good pairing. Then it's all about who we pair Ben with at 3 and 4 

Some confusing info coming from Oz that Tate Zischke (or Sedgeman) crashed after crossing the finish line in the final.!?

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Some confusing info coming from Oz that Tate Zischke (or Sedgeman) crashed after crossing the finish line in the final.!?

I read that Tate crashed into Sedgeman after he finished third in the A Final. Probably the young 16/17 was so excited at having finished 3rd in the Aussie Champ that he lost concentration and control :o. Apparently had an ambulance ride to hospital.

Some Glasgow fans think he is heading to them for 2023 and one commented that his Aussie season may be over due to injury which would be a shame as was looking forward to seeing this exciting talent performing in the 4 rounds Aussie Champ the first week of Jan. . Especially after his performances in his last 4 meetings.

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I read that Tate crashed into Sedgeman after he finished third in the A Final. Probably the young 16/17 was so excited at having finished 3rd in the Aussie Champ that he lost concentration and control :o. Apparently had an ambulance ride to hospital.

Some Glasgow fans think he is heading to them for 2023 and one commented that his Aussie season may be over due to injury which would be a shame as was looking forward to seeing this exciting talent performing in the 4 rounds Aussie Champ the first week of Jan. . Especially after his performances in his last 4 meetings.

Update from Tate Zischke's mum : Tate is out of hospital and on his way back home to Queensland. He has NO broken bones and NO internal bleeding. He just cannot remember the final where he finished 3rd behind Fricke and Sedgeman, with Rew 4th.

NB.Tate was the only rider to head Fricke in the meeting!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I did say i wouldn't want Dan Thompson as he hasn't had many good meetings at Poole but prefer him to having Kemp back and probably the best available on his average although a new Australian rider would be better.

For the last two seasons Poole have had the best team in the league, so you can't expect opposition second strings / reserves to do a great deal at Poole imo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

It’s only what we have heard on here even from one of your own, personally can see one off them at Glasgow but not both.

• Like 1