British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Oxford's team selection have shown Poole COULD have kept their top 3. But must have decided to go with more strength in depth!

The key is/was to keep both Cooks so one of the top 2 heat leaders had to go. The choice between the 3 team options are about whether Zach Cook(4.92) could start at reserve or as a 2nd string. Watch this space.

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The key is/was to keep both Cooks so one of the top 2 heat leaders had to go. The choice between the 3 team options are about whether Zach Cook(4.92) could start at reserve or as a 2nd string. Watch this space.

I don't see that matters too much, it will only be an advantage until his average goes up, I can't see him being a reserve for long. 

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I don't see that matters too much, it will only be an advantage until his average goes up, I can't see him being a reserve for long. 

And if the team is built that way then Zachs average has to go higher than the weakest 2nd string which may not happen straight away.

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

And if the team is built that way then Zachs average has to go higher than the weakest 2nd string which may not happen straight away.

No but it won't take long, he will probably outscore his brother if he's at reserve.It could make early season wins more likely but come the playoffs he won't be at reserve. Zach is already 4.92.if we get a new 5 pointer then come the first set of averages he won't be a reserve anymore.. 

Just now, foreverblue said:

Great signing for them, I expect Doyley helped. Hope he signs for us too. 

Would be nice, hopefully Danny can have some input, not sure Doyle would sway him this way, didn't leave Poole on very good terms when he was here 

18 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Would be nice, hopefully Danny can have some input, not sure Doyle would sway him this way, didn't leave Poole on very good terms when he was here 

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Can’t see Doyle having any issue with Poole. 

Pretty sure they have all made up since then. 

Only thing about Rew is does he really need to do Championship? Prob not but would be nice to see him in this league. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Zach will be a second string

Must admit disturbed by what I am reading on the press  release on Speedway news.PL about Rew and signing for Ipswich (released today).

The Australian was looking for a suitable job after the season in the Danish league. According to unofficial information, he will also be targeting a backroom contract - the SGB Championship

The article more worrying goes on to say:

it is very possible that the Australian will try to get involved in the Championship. Finally, the 19-year-old wants to use his starts in Britain to develop his skills. Rumors speak of an engagement in the northern part of Great Britain, most likely Scotland.

Please nooooooooo..........

Maybe his good friend Doyle didn't bury the hatchet with Poole :(.

I do hope i'm wrong. The article did use the word RUMOR so maybe the correspondent has not been looking in on the Poole Forum ;)