British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Let’s be honest. Other teams aspire to win a fraction of the trophies Poole have won in the Ford era. Glasgow even tried to buy most of the previous seasons Poole team but failed miserably.

There’s much more to it than just putting together a decent looking side. Last season proved it. When it came down to the playoffs and end of season action no one else was even close. 

The bad news for the rest is that in 2023, it’s all going to be so familiar with Pirates romping it when it matters.

Sad to see Danny King move on. Served us very well in his time with us. He must be gutted but with the low points limit we could never keep all three heat leaders. Good luck to him with his future club.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...or maybe just a wind up.

1 minute ago, Knightime said:

You have to assume this is a choice (not just numbers) to fit in a 7 that has already been decided - why do we have to wait months to find out who they are - it doesn't build excitement - its just frustrating

Absolutely a choice. Poole management always trickle feed riders throughout the winter. Has been the way since Matt took over in 99. Pretty sure as Stevie Wonder once sort of said, the team is signed sealed and will deliver in 23.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If Danny is heading to Brum it will not be through choice. But he does ride Birmingham very, very well and as a real number one will no doubt give them some serious clout at the top,end. 

Maybe not but IF he had a decent offer on the table plus Danny could at that time not commit what his squad would be, and knowing the 40 points would mean letting one of the three go then maybe they reached an amicable agreement that suited all parties. Whether that be Brum or any other side.

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The interesting question is whether it was Matt/Danny's Option A,B orC?

I think all 3 options only had 2 H/L so arguable one had to go. If Danny did have a decent offer from another club on the table then a difficult decision for whichever H/L it was in effect was avoided. Also meant Danny didnt get kept waiting which one while others snapped up the slot he was initially offered.

Nice if it was as all parties move on as friends.

12 minutes ago, lewy said:

I wonder why King was moved on rather than Worrall or Lawson especially as he was such a great captain? Anyone know?

As I have said before only way Steve is leaving Poole is if it decides to leave imo. 

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The interesting question is whether it was Matt/Danny's Option A,B orC?

I would assume option A would have Rew and Tate in. So if they sign I think we are in option A. Option B could be just one of them and option C neither. 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah few other teams are making announcements this week. 

Sure we will know ours - EVENTUALLY :D,

Just want news on Rew & Zischke but patience is the key word.

I should know better having played this name our team game the last few seasons. At least we near enough know its only 3 to be sorted but WHICH 3 ???

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Sure we will know ours - EVENTUALLY :D,

Just want news on Rew & Zischke but patience is the key word.

I should know better having played this name our team game the last few seasons. At least we near enough know its only 3 to be sorted but WHICH 3 ???

Would the 2 aussies fit average wise,would they come in on a 5 due to having rode in Poland or/and Denmark?

6 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

He’s a Bear

Quite to my surprise Redcar only another 58 miles (one way) difference from Ipswich compared to Poole, so not too much longer for the guy to travel one would think.

Good luck to the guy I say. Been a good Captain Had it tough at times last season with his equip, but came good when it mattered.

7 minutes ago, lewy said:

Would the 2 aussies fit average wise,would they come in on a 5 due to having rode in Poland or/and Denmark?

No Rew on 5 and Zischke on 4 I was of the understanding. Both fit,  its a case of whats left which not a lot.

Beleive tate only had a few guest rides/meetings in DK second Div before going back to Aussie just to test the water. In effect NO real racing experience in Europe of note.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
add text