British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

What is wrong with Alfie??! :unsure:

Absolutely nothing Lisa I for one will be gutted if he leaves us, he was flying before his injury a very good solid second string I would say. If he is Poole bound as I say I’d be guttted but fair play to him and yourselves for getting him if the rumour is true.

• Like 1

If not a stupid question.

Why would Rew come in on a 5 but Pearson comes in on a 4.

Reason for asking is that both rode for POL EXL sides in the U24 competition last season (its first ever season). Rew rode 11 and Pearson i think rode 12 matches.

Is it anything to do with Rew having ridden in junior teams/leagues there in 21 as thought he had a bad injury that kept him out between 20/21 period.

Just trying to understand the why.

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Reason for asking is that both rode for POL EXL sides in the U24 competition last season (its first ever season). Rew rode 11 and Pearson i think rode 12 matches.

Is it anything to do with Rew having ridden in junior teams/leagues there in 21 as thought he had a bad injury that kept him out between 20/21 period.

Pearson has an actual average of 4 from last season at Birmingham.

Rew having not ridden domestically would have the assessed average of 5 I believe

15 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Rew rode for Krosno this season past, and rode in I believe DK or Swe? 

If you have ‘professional league experience’ you are an assessed 5, if not, you are a 4. Pearson started his ‘professional career’ at Birmingham.

15 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Rew rode for Krosno this season past, and rode in I believe DK or Swe? 

If you have ‘professional league experience’ you are an assessed 5, if not, you are a 4. Pearson started his ‘professional career’ at Birmingham.

Thanks

Interesting stats on Speedway News POL

He rode 7 matches for Krosno - 31 rides and achieved a ride av of 1.742 so 6.97 per 4 rides incl bonus points.

Maybe unfair to compare with riders who rode most/all season so 16/18 matches but his av per ride was above riders such as Riss/Nilsson/Kvech/Mads Hansen/Becker/Bangs/Miedzinski/Lindback/Gala.

When you consider POL Lge 1 is similar quality to our Prem, then on a 5 for Champ it will be  a possible bargain if we get him.

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Thanks

Interesting stats on Speedway News POL

He rode 7 matches for Krosno - 31 rides and achieved a ride av of 1.742 so 6.97 per 4 rides incl bonus points.

Maybe unfair to compare with riders who rode most/all season so 16/18 matches but his av per ride was above riders such as Riss/Nilsson/Kvech/Mads Hansen/Becker/Bangs/Miedzinski/Lindback/Gala.

When you consider POL Lge 1 is similar quality to our Prem, then on a 5 for Champ it will be  a possible bargain if we get him.

Riding on Polish tracks is considerably different to riding British tracks - as various clubs have found out in the past even with Polish riders!

Admittedly all the signs seem positive about his racing capabilities and winning the U21 last weekend certainly brought his name to the fore for a number of British clubs!

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Riding on Polish tracks is considerably different to riding British tracks - as various clubs have found out in the past even with Polish riders!

Admittedly all the signs seem positive about his racing capabilities and winning the U21 last weekend certainly brought his name to the fore for a number of British clubs!

I think Nowak struggled at away tracks but was good at Glasgow. Most young Polish riders would probably struggle at some of our tracks.

35 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

No guarantees allowed in CL 2023, so inventive accounting will be required if Poole are to recruit yet another Australian. 

Any ideas on that one Poole fans ? 

The last rider to get a guarantee at Poole was Greg Hancock. Riders get paid points money and any sponsorship they can garner.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

No guarantees allowed in CL 2023, so inventive accounting will be required if Poole are to recruit yet another Australian. 

Any ideas on that one Poole fans ? 

The BSPL statement said 'a limit on guarantees' not that there would not be any at all!

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Of course they do.!

I guess it depends on what people understand as 'a guarantee'?  If its a guaranteed payment for simply turning up an d riding, then that should rightly be outlawed.

If its signing on fees, accommodation, vans, travel, mechanics on top of points money then thats simply part and parcel of how speedway operates at any level - and where sponsorship plays a big part.

But I have to agree with Steve S - Greg Hancock was the last Poole rider to get a 'guarantee'!!

NB, Rider announcement imminent I gather..............

Edited by Skidder1