British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

Matt always has 2 or 3 team options every season. Not sure where the 'Prem in 2024' has come from unless it's their final season at Poole Stadium? Even then it would need to be on Wednesdays for the Prem to be considered.

I wonder if the Dream team includes Bomber?

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Has to be believable to work though. Why would we release our top rider, who we have just swapped Basso for, to go back to Glasgow? 

Because being an asset means absolutely feck all nowadays. The rider goes where they want. Why the rider would want to leave you say? Now that doesn't take a Mensa candidate to work out

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt always has 2 or 3 team options every season. Not sure where the 'Prem in 2024' has come from unless it's their final season at Poole Stadium? Even then it would need to be on Wednesdays for the Prem to be considered.

Thought I saw a number of posts on it earlier in the season.  Could be wrong but it stuck in my mind hence why I added the comment. Either way perhaps not beyond the realm of possibilities something could have been agreed as a season long swap arrangement for Lawson/D Thompson.

Personally the thought of both Rew and Zischke would excite me more. REW already proved even at 19 he can do it in POL U24 with an exceptional av in that first U24 POL EXL season. As for Tate I have watched some Youtube videos and looked a decent rider in that short stint in DK Lge 1. Also reading the comments Darcy made about him reminding him of himself at the same age. Plus think he has been giving him advice.

What really impressed me though was watching the video of last Saturdays NSWU21 title meeting where he beat Pearson twice on his way to securing the winners trophy. Bearing in mind only 16/17 he has a good style and I think worthy of a go as one for the future. Considering he already stayed and raced a while in DK early last season it wouldn't be his first visit to the Northern Hemisphere.

Hope he doesn't get signed elsewhere.

Could be of course he wants to finish studies and come over in 2024 ?? I can see why Darcy could see comparisons if you look at that U21 video. Look at how much distance he put between him and Pearson over the course of the race.

Following my last post on Rew & Zischke, I see the Aussie U21 Final is at Gillman this Sat 26th Nov. Both are due to ride according to Speedway News PL.

Below was riders list as of 2nd Nov when they listed it. Be interesting to see how both riders perform.

IM Australia U21 Final starting list:
- Fraser Bowes,
- Maurice Brown,
- Tom Dixon,
- Patrick Hamilton,
- Lachlan Hayes,
- Jacob Hook,
- Liam May,
- Jack McDiarmid,
- Jackson Milner,
- Teagan Pedler,
- James Pearson,
Keynan Rew,
Cordell Rogerson,
Harrison Ryan,
Michael West,
Tate Zischke.

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Interesting comment made by Bagpuss over on the Glasgow Forum.

Rew, Dan T and Ablitt completing Poole then presumably.

Only throwing this out there for opinion but, could it be that Leic knew ages ago they would be going up and with Lawson being a Poole asset since start of last season, could they have cut an end of season deal deal between the 2 promoters & riders  of Lawson to Leic in exchange for Dan Thompson spending the season at Poole. ??. Also bearing in mind Poole intend to move up in 2024 to Prem, so Dan would just revert back to Leicester as he is their asset and Lawson back to Poole in Prem as he's a Poole asset.

I'm intrigued by Danny Ford's dream Team comment. Plus he has openly said he already got a plan B and C in place, if he can't agree terms on his A team.

If we went Worrall or King - Lawson - Both Cooks and if Rew is a 5 and young Dan is 5.09 rounded up after 2.5% Brit reduction you get 37.12 only leaving 2.88, really making Ablitt only viable option to get us 0.88 points short of the 40 IF we go that way. My reservation is would Danny want to come up that short on points total ??

We know Danny/Matt like the idea of riders who can improve their averages and arguably all the bottom 5 could do that imo.

Would love to know what Danny's Dream Team idea is though.

I thought Bagpuss meant we were just having Dan Thompson for the Leicester Vs Poole meeting? Could be wrong though.

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I thought Bagpuss meant we were just having Dan Thompson for the Leicester Vs Poole meeting? Could be wrong though.

Yeah I just read the whole exchange :o.

Interesting thought though as Dan T will be seeking a double up Team to compliment his hopefully Leicester slot in 2023. He is young at 18 and plenty of improvement in him.

Must admit based on Danny Ford's  teaser remarks I am struggling to find a team without my 2 Aussie idea's. Maybe Thompson provided an answer if it was only Rew and even then we don't even know if there will be one let alone 2 new Aussies :).

Just getting carried away at the possible thought Tate could be another in the Darcy mould,  especially with Darcy himself making positive comments having seen him ride.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I wonder if the Dream team includes Bomber?

Every team will have numerous options and permutations. 

The beatification of Saint Matt is truly hilarious. 

Patron Saint of Hairdressers. 

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Yeah I just read the whole exchange :o.

Interesting thought though as Dan T will be seeking a double up Team to compliment his hopefully Leicester slot in 2023. He is young at 18 and plenty of improvement in him.

Must admit based on Danny Ford's  teaser remarks I am struggling to find a team without my 2 Aussie idea's. Maybe Thompson provided an answer if it was only Rew and even then we don't even know if there will be one let alone 2 new Aussies :).

Just getting carried away at the possible thought Tate could be another in the Darcy mould,  especially with Darcy himself making positive comments having seen him ride.

Don't forget the issue of visas. They need the correct visa to allow racing for more than one club - unlike Ben this season.

12 minutes ago, HGould said:

The big difference with Matt's Poole team options is that they usually win trophies at whatever level they choose to run.

References to hair dressing really sums up looking backwards rather than onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The big difference with Matt's Poole team options is that they usually win trophies at whatever level they choose to run.

References to hair dressing really sums up looking backwards rather than onwards and upwards.

Hair Arena must have been around 1999

51 minutes ago, HGould said:

And the best promoter in the modern era, with a cabinet full of trophys to prove it