British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

22 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

Reading through the thread two people seem to disagree on virtually everything.

How about at the start of next season there is a series of of scratch races between Skidder and Lewy at both St Boniface Arena and Wimborne Road. If equal a decider at Oxford.

Think this would be worth watching.Only having a laugh oh course.

No point really. Lewy would have a guest!!:party:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

57 minutes ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

D king 8.05

Lawson  7.97

B Cook 6.09

Z Cook 4.92

N Ablitt 2? 

=29.03

Leaves 10.97 for final 2 

Danyon Hume 5.68 (adjusted after 2.5% Brit reduction)

Keynan Rew 5 ( A rider with a lot of potential if they could convince him to come as he will be doing POL Lge 1 next season as Leszno loaned him out for the season plus so far not signed on DK or SWE) Still only 19.

Would put us just shy of the 40 points.

What I like about this line up would probably allow Z.Cook/Hume & Rew or even Ben Cook to swap in and out at reserve. This important on 2 fronts as 1) Don't expect Ablitt still to pick up much in points & 2) All of the named could prove useful in replacing an off form rider as a reserve, plus taking at least one of Ablitts rides if we need him to in tight meetings.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

so a 6.97 and a 4.00 rider then?;)

Yes a couple of ways at looking at it.

My idea is one way.

Your idea seems to lean towards an Aussie with no UK experience which imo could be a massive risk if we keep Ablitt.  Tate Zischke I think was mentioned as a possible rider of the future.

Reading around the forum on other possible reserve combos would imo leave us horribly exposed at reserve and possible on the wrong end of many 5-1's with little cover in main team if called upon. Not unless he is another Keynan Rew ;).

Could sign Brennan with the balance but I fear the lure of being in POL U24 League and Glasgow big bucks may swing him a way from Poole ??

Having said that is he not a local Sussex lad having raced all his junior/early days with Eastbourne. Suppose that could be a attraction to sign for Poole.

Even with that I would have some fears with 2 guys with such youth and inexperience being our 2 reserves. A position which has yielded us big dividends over the last 5 years at least. Even youngsters who showed promise in Aussie such as Hook & Pearson as well as when Jed List came over for a while some years ago how difficult it can be for the really young guys to adapt.

Its food for thought though.

36 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Yes a couple of ways at looking at it.

My idea is one way.

Your idea seems to lean towards an Aussie with no UK experience which imo could be a massive risk if we keep Ablitt.  Tate Zischke I think was mentioned as a possible rider of the future.

Reading around the forum on other possible reserve combos would imo leave us horribly exposed at reserve and possible on the wrong end of many 5-1's with little cover in main team if called upon. Not unless he is another Keynan Rew ;).

Could sign Brennan with the balance but I fear the lure of being in POL U24 League and Glasgow big bucks may swing him a way from Poole ??

Having said that is he not a local Sussex lad having raced all his junior/early days with Eastbourne. Suppose that could be a attraction to sign for Poole.

Even with that I would have some fears with 2 guys with such youth and inexperience being our 2 reserves. A position which has yielded us big dividends over the last 5 years at least. Even youngsters who showed promise in Aussie such as Hook & Pearson as well as when Jed List came over for a while some years ago how difficult it can be for the really young guys to adapt.

Its food for thought though.

Be interesting to see how other team's go at reserve. Must remember that Ablitt could well have a whole year on a lot of new 2 pointers coming into the league, and Ablitt was certainly improving towards the end of season. So I think him at 7 on a 2 point average is a no brainer and we all know Poole usually get it right when finding a young Aussie. If that's the route we go