British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Two Holders in the same team! I think on his current 7.16 average he could do a good job in the Premiership.

Think that will be the plan for 2024 plus also maybe Brady Kurtz if they do move up to Prem,

I assume all 3 still Poole assets but think Brady will find it hard to move from BV as now captain and he loves the track.

Anyway that discussion is for next close season plus if we are racing in 24.

If the clubs already know what the team limit is for 2023 and assuming it is ratified today, I wonder if the Fords already know their team for next season ??

Danny near enough admitted in his Echo article yesterday points limit was already agreed and was just a case of rubber stamping at today's BSPA meeting.

Also as there is no Bournemouth football news for the next month due to the World Cup there should not need to be any drip feeding of announcements having to work around Bournemouth grabbing the Echo sports headlines. 

As per usual I am sure they will still drip fee us to get as many headlines as possible which is also good for getting the news out with potential sponsors.

Hope the BSPA give us the news on today's meeting asap.

10 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

If the clubs already know what the team limit is for 2023 and assuming it is ratified today, I wonder if the Fords already know their team for next season ??

Danny near enough admitted in his Echo article yesterday points limit was already agreed and was just a case of rubber stamping at today's BSPA meeting.

Also as there is no Bournemouth football news for the next month due to the World Cup there should not need to be any drip feeding of announcements having to work around Bournemouth grabbing the Echo sports headlines. 

As per usual I am sure they will still drip fee us to get as many headlines as possible which is also good for getting the news out with potential sponsors.

Matt will always have a couple of team options pencilled in before the AGM but will never want to release all the team info at once as there will be.nothing newsworthy in Dec/Jan/Feb.

14 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Will it go on longer than a day? 

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt will always have a couple of team options pencilled in before the AGM but will never want to release all the team info at once as there will be.nothing newsworthy in Dec/Jan/Feb.

Only problem is that if you take 2022 for example most of us kind of knew near enough the full team well in advance if only by process of elimination.

Virtually all Champ teams/riders were announced well in advance so you could near enough work it out based on what had been announced and the 2 point reserve had to be between my choice Mulford or the other reasonable option Ablitt. For me Mulford proved at B.V junior team in 2022 he was the better rider as he had shown back in 2021 when racing with/against Nathan. I had a particular interest in following both riders progress as they were near enough the same Birth month March having been then raw young 17 year olds.

I think Jake wanted to concentrate on his grass track. Shame as K.Lynn even announced his as their number 8 before season started so they obviously saw the potential.

Also know I keep going on about him, but checking all the news and forums doesn't look like Keynan Rew is staying with his Danish side and so far can't see him signed up elsewhere or in Swe. Is he really only going to do Poland ??. I'll keep dreaming ;)

58 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Will it go on longer than a day? 

Depends on how much coffee they drink lol.

Joking aside everything has been sorted and they just need to sign off on things according to Danny Ford so no reason why we shouldn't get a statement today or tomorrow.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

There are plenty of fans that don't bother with forums such as this and so an announcement in the media (Echo, Solent, tv, facebook etc) is much better.

I agree.

I feel that we are becoming a dwindling number on the forum to be honest. Especially since we also dropped to Champ. Its becoming more of a case of a few hardcore die hard's who contribute these days.

I know one young guy who was always on here and was a Poole fanatic, following most of the forums and social media sites and his knowledge of riders around the World was arguably the most exhaustive of anyone of his tender years. Even he seems to have moved on sadly.

I said for a long time that the Fords were the masters of any UK club releasing news to the media for maximum affect. Its jut that last season it kind of dragged on and most teams were already known well before Poole's was finalised, meaning we near enough knew what it was well before it was announced.

Be interesting to see who we can eliminate as others start announcing there line ups. A few already announced multiple riders even before today's meeting.

15 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Well, if you're talking about Chris Harris, you are very wrong.

Must have been who he meant as there is no one else with a Berwick connection who would be a Poole No1. Just him or Rory. 

So back to keeping 2 out of the 3 HLs from this season then? Unless anyone else has any other rumours? ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Depends on how much coffee they drink lol.

Joking aside everything has been sorted and they just need to sign off on things according to Danny Ford so no reason why we shouldn't get a statement today or tomorrow.

As well as the main AGM, don't both leagues have their own seperate meetings? If so it may take a bit longer to find 2 rooms of similar size rather than one room for the Championship and a utility room/broom cupboard for the Premiership!:rofl:;)

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As well as the main AGM, don't both leagues have their own seperate meetings? If so it may take a bit longer to find 2 rooms of similar size rather than one room for the Championship and a utility room/broom cupboard for the Premiership!:rofl:;)

Clearly some differences of opinion - Main statement due Thursday morning after 'clarification of several points'!!  See brief statement on BSPL website.

Edited by Skidder1

11 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Yes 2 days

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Clearly some differences of opinion - Main statement due Thursday morning after 'clarification of several points'!!

Thought one day a bit too quick for them! Maybe a couple of u-turns chucked in to keep things interesting :D

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Thought one day a bit too quick for them! Maybe a couple of u-turns chucked in to keep things interesting :D

possible change of helmet colour lol

• Haha 3