British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can't see it being a problem. Masters, Pickering and Douglas all rode in Poland and both UK leagues. And only missed a few meetings for their Champ teams as at Friday night clubs. 

Don't forget the extra championship matches 

19 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

AGM is next week. BTW I was told Rew was a shoe in in 2021?!  Not sure what type of Visa he has?

I think that if the limit is as some rumours indicate, say 40 points then getting Rew on a 5 would be a real bargain.

I also read on the forum last close season about Rew so I assume there is decent connections/contact between the Fords and him/his team (what with the strong Aussie connection). If you factor in rumours of a possible Prem return in 24 then could be an interesting move.

Have no idea what accommodation they may be able to sort out considering Middlo has I believe both Cooks lodging in but would not surprise me if he came up with something for what COULD be the next Aussie big thing coming through. I mean behind Lidsey for now (he is 24 in Feb) but remember Rew is still only 19.

As for Visa. Surely if the likes of Pearson and Hook  could get one then you would hope he could.

Again its only a dream/vision but one lives in hope ;-)

23 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think that if the limit is as some rumours indicate, say 40 points then getting Rew on a 5 would be a real bargain.

I also read on the forum last close season about Rew so I assume there is decent connections/contact between the Fords and him/his team (what with the strong Aussie connection). If you factor in rumours of a possible Prem return in 24 then could be an interesting move.

Have no idea what accommodation they may be able to sort out considering Middlo has I believe both Cooks lodging in but would not surprise me if he came up with something for what COULD be the next Aussie big thing coming through. I mean behind Lidsey for now (he is 24 in Feb) but remember Rew is still only 19.

As for Visa. Surely if the likes of Pearson and Hook  could get one then you would hope he could.

Again its only a dream/vision but one lives in hope ;-)

It's not just about getting a visa. Its the type of visa that allows work in more than just one league/country. Ben Cook has to get his changed for next year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It's not just about getting a visa. Its the type of visa that allows work in more than just one league/country. Ben Cook has to get his changed for next year.

Whichever way it goes the Ford's are faced with one hell of a juggling act if it is 40 points as going to be difficult to retail the current 3 H/L. I think that's why a signing like Rew could be one way of overcoming it.

i'm sure Danny/Matt probably already know which way the limit is heading and are already ahead of most in team idea/planning  even this far out of next season.

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Whichever way it goes the Ford's are faced with one hell of a juggling act if it is 40 points as going to be difficult to retail the current 3 H/L. I think that's why a signing like Rew could be one way of overcoming it.

i'm sure Danny/Matt probably already know which way the limit is heading and are already ahead of most in team idea/planning  even this far out of next season.

I can't see all 3 heat leaders staying. I guess Steve Worrall will be discussing things with MF  during his family holiday in France this week. I reckon Ben will be 3rd heat leader.

Edited by Skidder1

7 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I don't think we will be keeping all 3 heatleaders!! You would think Lawson would stay as an asset and lowest average of the 3. So between Steve and Danny and same average I believe so how you choose between them I don't know. 

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

With more meetings  will probably mean more guest riders as the season goes on

Maybe not...

With one less team in Leicester, and therefore, their seven rides now being available, it might mean a "few subs on the bench" to fill in when riders are missing...

Especially with the lower limit....

Edited by mikebv