British Speedway Forum

POOLE 2023

23 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure you could ever get Weds night in the Prem with Denmark riding on same nights. 

Denmark top flight only run 12 league fixtures

If the prem in the UK could get to 8 clubs by 2024 maybe 10 clubs by 2025 and just ride home and away once and do away with gimmicks such as pairs or a league cup for the top flight then I am sure UK/Sweden/Denmark could all work together to run Monday-Thursday with some fixture scheduling

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HGould said:

, oh don't wind them up.. 

Arthur Gruber will be getting in his tank

Helga will be aroused 

Von Klinkefhoffen will be skidding around

Herr Flick will be in checking his next Court date

And

The 2 idiot Airmen will be arguing over who's going to be Team Manager.. 

Meanwhile Danny Boy will have missed it all as its way past his bedtime and Daddy won't let such a rabble in to his Chateau in case they damage the Chandeliers. 

Only in (Poole) speedway. 

I like this and a well thought out post.

Wasted on here though It will go right over there heads and then revert back to how wonderful they are.

• Like 1

okay - This for those in the know.

I would assume that Danny would try and get the 2 Cooks back for 2023.

If so based on what GSA would they have for 2023 ??.

If I recall the play offs didn't use to count in calculating GSA's for the next season when final GSA's were calculated ?? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

We know both Ben & Zach have improved their GSA's a lot since the KO Cup and Play Off latter stages have been held. Would those points count (or not) in calculating what their 2023 GSA's would be.

Could make a difference bearing in mind we may have to change the line up in 2023 when the new team limits are finally announced.

Thoughts ??

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

If I recall the play offs didn't use to count in calculating GSA's for the next season when final GSA's were calculated ?? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

We know both Ben & Zach have improved their GSA's a lot since the KO Cup and Play Off latter stages have been held. Would those points count (or not) in calculating what their 2023 GSA's would be.

Could make a difference bearing in mind we may have to change the line up in 2023 when the new team limits are finally announced.

Thoughts ??

Poole final averages will be         Worrall,king =8.26

Lawson 8.17

B.cook 6.09

Z.cook 4.92

Kemp 5.33

Ablitt 2.00

Kemp will be binned for sure.

9 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Thoughts ??

The GSA's effective from 1st Oct are Zach 4.92 and Ben 6.09. No league meetings since then and i'm 99% sure the cups and play offs don't count towards GSA's. If that's correct their averages shouldn't change now.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The GSA's effective from 1st Oct are Zach 4.92 and Ben 6.09. No league meetings since then and i'm 99% sure the cups and play offs don't count towards GSA's. If that's correct their averages shouldn't change now.

You are correct

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

We did for donkeys years and cleaned up , thought we would give some other club a chance to win a trophy. Your next quesrion :rofl:

:rofl: It is “question” mate. And my next “quesrion” to you is........

After all these years why do you still bite?:rofl::rofl:

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

38/39 points was being rumoured last night depending on number of clubs to be ratified at agm.

Could be an interesting close season then.

If Zach does get 4.92 would be a great reserve and could push them towards going with Ablitt again on 2. He may pick up some more points next season you would hope, as a year older and with a full season plus B.Vue at NDL under his belt.

Would then maybe edge towards one of the 3 H/L going but the worry for me would be Kemp. So up and down he is a worry .

Really thought he would push on in a strong team but he seems to have slipped behind a number of riders of similar age. Brilliant one minute - abject the next. He can't complain of lack of experience riding Prem & Champ last 2 seasons.

Going to be interesting how the Fords juggle with the new points limit if it is in the 38/39 points range.

Having said that looking at all the last GSA's for Champ teams near enough all will have to make changes if it is 38/39 points. Especially Glasgow if they don't move up who are on 46 points.

I've made this oint before on another thread 

If you have fewer teams and points limit is lowered you have top heavy teams, 2 pointers who aren't ready and 4.5 to 6.5 riders without Teams. 

If it's 8 teams, wih Leicester up and Edinburgh out, better to stick to 42,share heat leaders around more fairly and then you don't have to backfill with 2 pointers 

3 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Could be an interesting close season then.

If Zach does get 4.92 would be a great reserve and could push them towards going with Ablitt again on 2. He may pick up some more points next season you would hope, as a year older and with a full season plus B.Vue at NDL under his belt.

Would then maybe edge towards one of the 3 H/L going but the worry for me would be Kemp. So up and down he is a worry .

Really thought he would push on in a strong team but he seems to have slipped behind a number of riders of similar age. Brilliant one minute - abject the next. He can't complain of lack of experience riding Prem & Champ last 2 seasons.

Going to be interesting how the Fords juggle with the new points limit if it is in the 38/39 points range.

Having said that looking at all the last GSA's for Champ teams near enough all will have to make changes if it is 38/39 points. Especially Glasgow if they don't move up who are on 46 points.

Can't disagree with any of that. I assume the 2.5% discount for Brits will still apply?! Even so Poole's team total is still 42.28 or thereabouts.

As for Glasgow, with Ulrich retired I would be surprised if Basso rides Championship again as he has a new deal in Poland.

With a lower team building points limit and assuming Edinburgh can't negotiate a further year's rent its riders like Masters 10.58 and Leicester's Nick Morris 10.13 that may struggle to get a Championship place anywhere.

If Poole prefer to use their own assets then the 2 Cooks and Richard Lawson could be the first 3 on the teamsheet. Also how about Ablitt and Newman as reserves?

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2022 at 6:57 PM, Diamondboy said:

Poole should try the premier league. 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2022 at 7:23 PM, Arthur54 said:

Fix race night's don't suit them, Wednesday night is speedway night 

......... and Fridays, when it suits. :t: