British Speedway Forum

Sheffield vs. Belle Vue Grand Final 2nd Leg 13/10/22

TTT

4 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

That’s undoubtedly took some of the shine of the final but the Belle Vue fans and Management clearly don’t care as it was always all about winning and nothing else mattered

That's quite correct. It's the manner of winning that matters.

1 minute ago, 4thbender said:

I'm not concerned with the fact that Sheffield lost - I'm used to that. But the fact remains that whilst Jack's low score had a part to play in the overall outcome, so did Lambert's 25 points over two legs. The difference is Jack had a right to be there and Lambert didn't.

Supported Sheffield for 56 years and you're not concerned they lost because you're used to it? Weird.

Just now, Bojangles said:

So as you're used to losing, you weren't bothered you lost arguably the biggest match in your history? What a fan!

Big matches come and go and,  should I live long enough, I expect I'll see more in the future. For me the Tigers' victory at Ipswich in 2017 to win the Championship was a great highlight, as was the winning of the knock-out cup in 1974. Both occasions were the result of long campaigns where good and bad fortunes were overcome along the way. The one feature that stands out is that on neither occasion did we use "ringers" to score our points.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Sheffield's momentum was killed when Tobi got excluded.

That was the oddest decision I ever remember. Kurtz was awarded 3 points whilst laid on his back on the fourth bend, whilst three riders had passed the finishing line ahead of him. If the referee reckoned Tobi had cheated and deserved exclusion, surely the race should either have a) been re-run with three riders, or b) awarded to Belle Vue as a 3 - 2 victory. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems odd to base the score on the assumption that Kurtz would have won had he not fallen off. Passing the finishing line first is usually the criterion for the awarding of 3 points.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Makes sense! The Leicester thing didn't make sense to me apart from cutting the time travelling back or to Middlo's. I can't remember if he did Poland and UK or Sweden and UK. 

Kurtz?
16 matches for Dackarna in Bauhaus Elitserien
18 matches for Łódź in eWinner 1 Liga.

Plus whatever he did in UK, was his schedule this year.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

They didn't seem to balance out in the play off final. 

Your right, terrible bad luck for the Aces, losing 2 riders on Monday saw us finish with 6 to 8 point lead less than it would of benn.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Weren't that many in 2015 though tbf! Easy to go 20 odd miles! 

Brady makes me laugh as always! Best fans, so why is he leaving? 

He's not, see Phil's post earlier.  

Congratulations to Belle Vue.

It's been sad to see so many moaning about the ref, she was consistent. The incidents in heat one and two, were more or less in the same place, I would have prefered all four back in both, however she choose to exclude, fair enough. She got Heat 11 right too, tough but correct. It was ungracious to see some at Sheffield in their disappointment, lash out at the official.

The issue that should be considered for the future was, the one fron the first leg. Wright was injured and BV had to go with only one rider. Surely a team down to five riders should be able to bring in a replacement on a lower average? The five one Sheffield got in Heat 14 brought it closer than it would have been. If a team went down to five in the first few heats, it would ruin it as a match with only three riders in a race.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

Mikebv has put his finger on it there! As a died-in-the-wool Tigers fan for 56 years, I'm actually glad to see Belle Vue win the title, for the simple reason that it highlights the sheer hypocrisy and corruption of the ruling authorities in allowing a rider who has shunned British racing for three years in pursuit of personal treasure to suddenly turn up for three matches in the colours of a team for which he has no past or present connection and have the audacity to collect a champion's medal on the rostrum. A "ringer" by any definition. Surely the authorities will now be shamed into ensuring no such aberration will ever occur in the future.

As for the real championship, whichever team wins the Sheffield v Ipswich tie two weeks' time can hold its heads high and rightly claim to be the season's champions - an accolade won over the course of twenty matches home and away and without recourse to underhand and devious chicanery, the stench of which will always hang around this alleged Belle Vue "victory".

Cough. Cough..

3 changes when only allowed 2...

Cough. Cough...

:D

• Like 1