British Speedway Forum

Sheffield vs. Belle Vue Grand Final 2nd Leg 13/10/22

TTT

Blimey, there's as many salty comments in here as there was in the Stead interview! Really poor from him but not unexpected. For the people commenting on the referee's gender... Nothing to do with anything and out of order imo! Male refs never make controversial decisions? People will have differing opinions of decisions tonight... FWIW, for me, heat 1 Brady had to go. Heat 3, all 4 back. Heat 11, Musielak had to go. Did the Ellis exclusion gift the Aces the title? Not by any stretch. Kurtz was just sauntering round at the back in heat 15. The title was won. If there was anything to race for that wouldn't have been the case.

If someone said to me at the start of tonight's meeting that the Aces top 3 would score 22 points between them I'd be worried we were gonna be hammered. Brennan and Blodorn were excellent tonight with by far their best performances of the season around Sheffield. 

Last time we won it I was 9. It's been a long wait but it's over!

Well done to Sheffield for a brilliant season and only lost by the smallest margin. We've been there many times. Their time will come. But tonight, it's our time!

:D:party:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You know what was missing? The Pirate roar and atmosphere. No atmosphere came over tonight on tv. Did you here the Sheffield roar as the number 8? Nope. 

As a final second leg it was quite flat, though pleased for the BV fans at the end. 29 years? Jesus! If I recall Poole whopped BV at Wimborne Road then BV went to Monmore and Wolves choked. Bobby Ott the hero.

HLS!

1 hour ago, comet49 said:

Blodorn and Brennan won it for Belle Vue tonight, Howarth will be disappointed with his contribution over the two meetings. 

Brennan was excellent - he was the winner for them in my view - when I saw him at Sheffield in may or June he only won heat 2 scoring 6 from 7 rides I think

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ace no.5 said:

Male refs never make controversial decisions?

Brennan and Blodorn were excellent tonight with by far their best performances of the season around Sheffield. 

I was in Gorzow when a male British referee smoking a fag with his feet on a counter while being shown on the big screen in the stadium wrongly excluded Zmarzlik from a heat.

Brennan & Blodorn did enough, just!

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Ellis being gracious in defeat on social media I see. Following his team managers lead I guess.

Lacks class if you can't suck it up and lose with grace. 

He's no doubt frustrated - what's that saying 'Be magnanimous in both victory and defeat!'

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Ellis being gracious in defeat on social media I see. Following his team managers lead I guess.

Lacks class if you can't suck it up and lose with grace. 

Can't say I blame him considering H3 decision. Off to buy some cornflakes so I can ref next week's meetings! :t::D

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Haha 2

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Can't say I blame him considering H3 decision. Of to buy some cornflakes so I can ref next week's meetings! :t::D

I look forward to you being the ref for next years final and everyone slagging you off when you make a call they dont like:D

Enjoyed that as a neutral. Close score, controversial refereeing. That aside, Sheffield can truly feel harshly done by, for me, the much better side on the night & could of / should of won comfortably. 

Congratulations to Belle Vue, enjoy it

champagne-open-bottle.gif