British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think the top league will continue. Glasgow still considering going up & Oxford want to be back at the top table. If Wolverhampton don't come to tapes I can see Van Straaten moving Redcar up. 

A Premiership & Championship with 7 teams each highly likely. 

I think any team with crowds over 1200 are the "natural" top league teams..

Seven clubs is probably the number that means the TV money is worth having to support the cost of running in Div 1..

Teams with crowds of 600 or so need to be NDL unless the many Div 1 HL's stop doubling down.. 

Maybe "Championship Lite/NDL Plus" is the call for Div 2? 

45 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Simon Lambert :shock: only just good enough for the championship. Thought it could'nt get any worse but it has.

To be fair to him , as he does get some stick. He is having a great season, and  has averaged 7.43 this season in the Champ, above the likes of TJ,  MPT, Schlein, Morris, and the Worralls. 

Hopefully he will match Freds 4.89 for us.

1 minute ago, chun said:

simon lambert is a much improved rider this past year or so.  better than rowe who will likely disappoint IMO

Lambert is hugely more experienced - he’s 34 and has been riding since 2005. His first full season for KL was 2008. Rowe was 6 then.

46 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think the top league will continue. Glasgow still considering going up & Oxford want to be back at the top table. If Wolverhampton don't come to tapes I can see Van Straaten moving Redcar up. 

A Premiership & Championship with 7 teams each highly likely. 

Will Glasgow, Oxford and Redcar run on Mondays/Thursdays.............?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I guess it boils down to how ambitious those promotions are, the desire of them and their patrons to see GP standard riders and how good their sponsors are. 

Going back to the Edwards thing, I do think it shouldn't be the rising stars' responsibility to get the team the win, but when your rising star is scoring 1 or 0 and other rising stars are scoring 4 or 5 some meetings then you're on the back foot from the start! 

I like Jason and it is a shame, but it was the correct choice 100%

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Going back to the Edwards thing, I do think it shouldn't be the rising stars' responsibility to get the team the win, but when your rising star is scoring 1 or 0 and other rising stars are scoring 4 or 5 some meetings then you're on the back foot from the start! 

I like Jason and it is a shame, but it was the correct choice 100%

R.S needs to score at least 4 especially  at home ....

• Haha 1

I think the main issue with Jason is that even after two half seasons he just didn't look comfortable on the Buster clay. Same with Jakobsen. Both really should have kicked on this year but didn't. 

Lambert and Rowe will be fine in that regard, whether they can score the points required to win home matches remains to be seen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the main issue with Jason is that even after two half seasons he just didn't look comfortable on the Buster clay. Same with Jakobsen. Both really should have kicked on this year but didn't. 

Lambert and Rowe will be fine in that regard, whether they can score the points required to win home matches remains to be seen. 

I thought Jason looked awkward in Wolves meeting. My memory says Rowe did well in the ‘test’ match at Lynn against Denmark. Jason also needs to be harder in first bend. However, convinced his time will come.

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Glasgow would have the biggest question mark. Redcar used to ride on Thursdays so shouldn't be a problem. When Oxford wanted to do Prem straight away, I think Thurs was their option. 

1 hour ago, hasta la vista said:

Oxford are only allowed to run once per week that as specified by SIS who own the lease on the stadium as every other day is for dogs (racing or trialling) so they will not go Prem as is.

And yet they ran twice a week (Tuesday and Wednesday) a couple of times last year and there is nothing to preclude moving their race night to Thursdays.

I've kind of defended Lynn all year, but now I look at the team & it looks really weak. Thomsen especially could struggle on the top 5. Can't blame the promotion though for not seeking a stronger replacement for Jakobsen, play-offs gone, so pick a team with a sensible budget!

Edited by szkocjasid

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I've kind of defended Lynn all year, but now I look at the team & it looks really weak. Thomsen especially could struggle on the top 5. Can't blame the promotion thought for not seeking a stronger replacement for Jakobsen, play-offs gone, so pick a team with a sensible budget!

Under strength teams make it unfair for any team fighting for the play offs if teams are giving up 

5 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Under strength teams make it unfair for any team fighting for the play offs if teams are giving up 

Think to be honest Pboro gave up on bend two race one in there first meeting that effectively was season over . Who knows what position Pboro would be in now had Nicki not crashed in that race . They certainly haven’t replaced him and like Lynn it’s basically season over it’s just who’s going to collect the wooden spoon and pride that’s all that’s left and still a week left in June to go .