British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

5 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Think it's probably because Alex and Jakobsen aren't here anymore. Don't think, from what I've heard he saw eye-to-eye with the rest of team, but he was good friends with those 2 they both went over to Australia and stayed within his family over the winter

And all of a sudden certain riders are doing much better for the club  since those 3 have departed . 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Haza said:

And all of a sudden certain riders are doing much better for the club  since those 3 have departed . 

You do love a good conspiracy don't you. Please don't take that the wrong way, because I do agree with you 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WeslakeJohn said:

I sincerely hope we are in the Championship next year not the Premiership. There does appear to be a bit more rider loyalty there and riders are generally not at thee beck and call of Polish club team managers.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I think given the dwindling crowd levels we are much better suited to the championship, plus financial worries shouldn't be a concern

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WeslakeJohn said:

I sincerely hope we are in the Championship next year not the Premiership. There does appear to be a bit more rider loyalty there and riders are generally not at thee beck and call of Polish club team managers.

I would take that if it meant there would be speedway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WeslakeJohn said:

As much as we have enjoyed seeing Artem over the past few weeks, I think I would agree.

Edited by KingsLynnStarsFan
  • Like 1

Just now, TTT said:

If fans aren't turning up for Laguta and Premiership Speedway then they're not going to turn up for Championship Speedway imo.

But if you get crowds of 800-1000 in the championship that is far more sustainable than the prem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Interesting, Did he have a fallout with Brady or something?

KL are the ones who gave Picko a job after Sheffield dumped him on a 7+ average.

Anyway I don't even know why I am bothered! Not my team or even same league! :D

Edited by lisa-colette

Just now, TTT said:

If fans aren't turning up for Laguta and Premiership Speedway then they're not going to turn up for Championship Speedway imo.

I disagree. Apart from the core, die hard supporters, the “floating” supporter unfortunately seems to care more about winning than seeing quality riders

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

You will be surprised,if your team starts winning that will bring some back.It did before.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

There was more than 600 at the Wolves meeting….I would argue it, a steady 1000 generally.There was probably 600 there for the TV meeting though.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

800 or so would be enough...

And they could ride on any night apart from Mon and Thur...

Satruday night?

Knock 3 quid off the admission and use (at least), a couple of Div 1 HL's...

Got to be worth it...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

There was more than 600 at the Wolves meeting….I would argue it, a steady 1000 generally.There was probably 600 there for the TV meeting though.

Totally agree BB. I sit in the grandstand (posh I know) and I counted at least 500 on bends 1, 2, 3 & 4 and the back straight against Wolves. Probably another 200 in the grandstand as well as another 250-350 in the home straight stand and general floaters.

• Like 1