British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

22 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Don't know if anything official has been said regarding Artem's injury, but I can't envisage it being a long-term layoff. Sore, definitely but speedway riders have got up and cracked on with a lot worse

He did rerun the heat initially so should be fine, it'll now be whether Wroclaw says 'not any more', Poland rules the roost

Just now, StarBoy said:

I keep banging the Conor Mountain drum, but I do feel he deserves another crack at the top level. Being a local lad as well it would be a romantic story

I think i saw him there yesterday, but as you say he's local.

9 minutes ago, Haza said:

That certainly wouldn’t be no great surprise .

Other possible riders to look at from the Championship and promote:

- Kye Etheridge

- Jonas Knudsen 

- Paco Castanga

- Lasse Fredriksen

- Claus Vissing

- Marcin Nowak

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think i saw him there yesterday, but as you say he's local.

Don't know whether he has improved at all since last season at Sheffield, as I don't get to catch much Championship speedway but he's worth as much a go as the other names touted 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

http://www.kingslynn-speedway.com/_mobile/news.php?extend.31372

Josh asked to be out of the team? Never knew that! Thought that was Alex's idea. Surely a case of 28 day witholding ban? Though looks like Josh been a bit sneaky and got around that one! 

If I was a Lynn fan I'd be annoyed! 

Trust me, we're annoyed. However, if that's the attitude he wants to have then it's better he's not in the team. Although we're not picking up wins, the team morale and bond between the riders seems good at present. Josh would have come in, probably demanded the captaincy backed and disrupted the good vibes around the team at present, so probably for the best

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Josh asked to be out of the team? Never knew that! Thought that was Alex's idea. Surely a case of 28 day witholding ban? Though looks like Josh been a bit sneaky and got around that one! 

Interesting, Did he have a fallout with Brady or something?

KL are the ones who gave Picko a job after Sheffield dumped him on a 7+ average.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Trust me, we're annoyed. However, if that's the attitude he wants to have then it's better he's not in the team. Although we're not picking up wins, the team morale and bond between the riders seems good at present. Josh would have come in, probably demanded the captaincy backed and disrupted the good vibes around the team at present, so probably for the best

Good riddance I say. He has been a total let down this year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If he don’t want to be hear, close the door on the way out…… Captain..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Interesting, Did he have a fallout with Brady or something?

KL are the ones who gave Picko a job after Sheffield dumped him on a 7+ average.

Think it's probably because Alex and Jakobsen aren't here anymore. Don't think, from what I've heard he saw eye-to-eye with the rest of team, but he was good friends with those 2 they both went over to Australia and stayed within his family over the winter

• Like 2