British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

4 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Will Pickering even be back in at Lynn or are the rumours of him replacing Bellego at Sheffield just that.

Who knows.. Like i said on  Thursday, Picko's mechanic told me at the Wolves meeting that Josh will ride in Poland this weekend, and if he comes through that he will be back, he also said he wont be at reserve, so i took it as if he was talking as Josh is coming back to Lynn. On the other hand, i doubt he would of said he's off to another club either. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

15 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Who knows.. Like i said on  Thursday, Picko's mechanic told me at the Wolves meeting that Josh will ride in Poland this weekend, and if he comes through that he will be back, he also said he wont be at reserve, so i took it as if he was talking as Josh is coming back to Lynn. On the other hand, i doubt he would of said he's off to another club either. 

He wouldn't be reserve at Sheffield either. 

23 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Don't need him to be reserve, Howarth will still be reserve not Bellago, would still make us a lot stronger

sorry didn't see the context of your post

Edited by The Third Man

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I know. When he said the reserve thing, i said i know, we have Kye there now. He nodded. So i took it as  he was talking Lynn. Money talks though, and Buster has said Lynn are over budget so who knows. 

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I know. When he said the reserve thing, i said i know, we have Kye there now. He nodded. So i took it as  he was talking Lynn. Money talks though, and Buster has said Lynn are over budget so who knows. 

And in theory he cant go back to Lynn because he has already ridden for them this season

40 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

And in theory he cant go back to Lynn because he has already ridden for them this season

Except for "in the best interests of speedway".

I'm sure Tofty posted somewhere,can't remember where now a picture of his leg in like a plaster and awaiting another x-ray to see if the bone had moved.That obviously sounds like a broken bone.

Edited by tellboy

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Except for "in the best interests of speedway".

I'm sure Tofty posted somewhere,can't remember where now a picture of his leg in like a plaster and awaiting another x-ray to see if the bone had moved.That obviously sounds like a broken bone.

Scunthorpe said toft will be out for weeks. Possible broken ankle 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Panthers70 said:

Why are Lynn over budget now?

Because Alex was funding the Stars team this season, and his budget was more than Buster wants to pay i guess.. Busters words, not mine.

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, Panthers70 said:

Why are Lynn over budget now?

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Because Alex was funding the Stars team this season, and his budget was more than Buster wants to pay i guess..

Oh so it's not just that he can't afford the time any more, he has pulled his money out as well?

21 minutes ago, Panthers70 said:

Oh so it's not just that he can't afford the time any more, he has pulled his money out as well?

He's in his mid 65's at a guess. Can you blame him for wanting to take a back seat?? That's the time bit sorted. Alex was ambitious, and  obviously put more of his own money in that Buster is prepared to do.  Next....

Edited by Bald Bloke

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He's in his mid 65's at a guess. Can you blame him for wanting to take a back seat?? That's the time bit sorted. Alex was ambitious, and for obviously put more of his own money in that Buster is prepared to do. 

I understand not wanting to spend so much time at Lynn any more, I really do, there are many more important things in life than hobbies. However, if he was such a big fan wouldn't it have been possible to leave his money in the club, at least until the end of this season?

51 minutes ago, Panthers70 said:

I understand not wanting to spend so much time at Lynn any more, I really do, there are many more important things in life than hobbies. However, if he was such a big fan wouldn't it have been possible to leave his money in the club, at least until the end of this season?

This was going to be his last season as promoter at Lynn. He has been winding down now for a few years. He is still listed Lynn's promoter this season, and has said so himself...The next bit is an educated guess.. Maybe Alex was going to buy the promotion at Lynn in 2024 ,seems logical,  but wasn't ready this season.  But Buster wanted to take the step this season, so it seems the logical thing that Alex run  and financed the team this year, so both got what they wanted..  ?

Alex withdrawing is nothing to do with money. Unlike the problem at Peterborough i gather..:unsure:

Edited by Bald Bloke

14 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Who knows.. Like i said on  Thursday, Picko's mechanic told me at the Wolves meeting that Josh will ride in Poland this weekend, and if he comes through that he will be back, he also said he wont be at reserve, so i took it as if he was talking as Josh is coming back to Lynn. On the other hand, i doubt he would have said he's off to another club either. 

Josh practiced in Poland yesterday and went all good. Riding in Poland in the meeting today then back in the U.K. on Thursday but isn’t riding for Lynn signed up elsewhere

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

That's a great shame but no surprise. 

It's still not been officially announced as far as I'm aware, so we don't know for sure that My Blobby is right.