British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

3 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

The demise started long before Sky came on board. The top flight has been in trouble since the mid/late 80s. 

Sky was the golden egg that should have sparked a new dawn but was completely mis managed by the powers that be. The demise has accelerated over the last 20 years but can be traced way back to the 80s 

That's exactly my point. The 80s had hard times but the sport was highly sustainable, still attractive to new owners with decent crowds & riders. The introduction of SkySports should have stabilised & elevated the sport. The promoters failed to future proof with it's largest income in the sports history. Many many other sports have gone to new levels due to TV & sponsorship income, but Speedway thought it best to follow the crowd & did it's own thing. 

My fear once Alex left was that Josh wouldn't return, will be interesting to see what happens. He'll obviously get more £'s at Owlerton and his main motivation to come back to Lynn has now gone. 

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

My fear once Alex left was that Josh wouldn't return, will be interesting to see what happens. He'll obviously get more £'s at Owlerton and his main motivation to come back to Lynn has now gone. 

He also lives in Doncaster 

• Thanks 1

Pickering may go to Sheffield it all depends on the rules though.Im sure he will be back at Lynn if the rule which doesn't allow you to re introduce a rider back in your team goes to the "best interests of speedway",where that would allow him back at Lynn.

Don't think where he lives has any bearing on where he goes,after all riders come from everywhere.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Pickering may go to Sheffield it all depends on the rules though.Im sure he will be back at Lynn if the rule which doesn't allow you to re introduce a rider back in your team goes to the "best interests of speedway",where that would allow him back at Lynn.

Don't think where he lives has any bearing on where he goes,after all riders come from everywhere.

Surely you can get him back when the reason is injury.

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

More like 2 but I take your point :D

traffic dependent, I  do love Norfolk as a destination butt he only times I have been there it takes me 4 hrs from Sheffield usually - going slightly further than Lynn to Trimingham / coast!

35 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

traffic dependent, I  do love Norfolk as a destination butt he only times I have been there it takes me 4 hrs from Sheffield usually - going slightly further than Lynn to Trimingham / coast!

Sheffield to Lynn on a good day is two hours, cant see it ever taking four. Obviously the other side of Norfolk is a different story

1 minute ago, therefused said:

Sheffield to Lynn on a good day is two hours, cant see it ever taking four. Obviously the other side of Norfolk is a different story

On a good day But yes shorter journey I was more referring to further on 

43 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Thats because the A17 was built by the devil himself :D

• Haha 1