British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

1 hour ago, FromBendThree said:

I’ve heard rumours of Poole moving to Arlington. No idea if it is true but long ago Wimbledon decamped to Sussex.

That rumour can be discounted as the owners of Arlington have already said the stadium wont be available for Speedway in the future as the people trying to revive Eastbourne Eagles were informed.  Their statement is on the Championship Forum for Eastbourne Eagles on 15th March this year.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but in which capacities has Mr Brady exited from KL?

Team manager? Promoter? Sponsor? Or a combination of those?

All of it. He's completely out due to understandable personal reasons

27 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I’ve heard a rumour that Kings Lynn might get a mention anytime soon , bearing in mind it’s a Kings Lynn 2023 thread.

Don't you know all threads lead to Poole :D

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

All of it. He's completely out due to understandable personal reasons

Not understandable to anyone who doesn't know what those reasons are! 

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Nooooo.. Not Poole :P

hehehe 

6 hours ago, magnificentseven said:

I've heard rumours of Poole not operating at all

I guess a lot depends on what the council are doing with the regeneration of Poole.

6 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

I’ve heard rumours of Poole moving to Arlington. No idea if it is true but long ago Wimbledon decamped to Sussex.

Wimbledon a lot nearer to Sussex then Poole! 

3 hours ago, noaksey said:

I've heard a rumour about Poole but it's certainly not this one. 

Do tell! 

17 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

https://twitter.com/KLSpeedway/status/1669266140986593280?s=20

The whispers were true then. Jakobsen leaves

Won't be long until Tarasenko leaves Peterborough as well (if he even makes it over here). Seems like the GKM Grudziadz mafia are having their way this season. Surprised they haven't stopped Fricke already as well. 

3 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Won't be long until Tarasenko leaves Peterborough as well (if he even makes it over here). Seems like the GKM Grudziadz mafia are having their way this season. Surprised they haven't stopped Fricke already as well. 

Seems to be if you’re riding OK for Grudziadz they give you the ‘freedom’ to ride where you want, if you’re not scoring well then you’re grounded and it’s Polska only be that for training or meetings.  If they just had this sort of rule for the Poles only you’d sort of have to accept us as PZM/Ekstraliga give out the agreement to ride abroad, but should have no control on the foreigners. Suppose it just shows they pay the £££ they run the show 

Sad sad state of affairs at lynn and pboro, you can be sure that they will be the bottom two teams in the league and at this stage I would say it’s highly unlikely they will both come to the tapes next year, British speedway is slowly dying. Such a shame for the sport in east anglia 

4 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Seems to be if you’re riding OK for Grudziadz they give you the ‘freedom’ to ride where you want, if you’re not scoring well then you’re grounded and it’s Polska only be that for training or meetings.  If they just had this sort of rule for the Poles only you’d sort of have to accept us as PZM/Ekstraliga give out the agreement to ride abroad, but should have no control on the foreigners. Suppose it just shows they pay the £££ they run the show 

Just a sorry state of affairs for British speedway. I don't see riders being 'forced' to leave their Swedish commitments. Aspirations to join Poland as a leading speedway nation are just farcical

• Like 1