British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

i for one am gutted Alex needed to make this decision, i'm sure it's nothing club related, he just needs to sort things that are more important in life.

hope to see him around still supporting the sport without the extra pressures

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TINYS said:

Now Buster's back does that mean we get to see more of his big boy's toys and near 10 o'clock finishes again.

I would say that’s a given a 10pm finish more time for punters to buy his burgers and pint he’s every incentive to string meetings out .

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

What an absolute mess! Brady has clearly bitten off more than he can chew and bailed out. Anyone who thinks otherwise must be mental.

Both Lynn and Peterborough in an absolute mess. Has British Speedway ever been in such a mess? Certainly not in my life time.

What do you know about the situation :unsure:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Thanks 1

Just listen to the people who are telling you it’s personal reasons and not anything related to speedway, his business or the suchlike. 

Somethings in life are bigger than sport.

Plus for what it’s worth, I believe Buster is honouring the Laguta deal. However I do believe Jakobsen has gone. Will probably be Pickering back in when fit, which I’d say will make us stronger, not weaker. 

Personally I’m sorry to see Alex leave. Sure he will admit he made mistakes but he’s ambitious and successful in business and wants the Stars to be up there challenging. Hopefully he’ll be back involved when the time is right.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Just listen to the people who are telling you it’s personal reasons and not anything related to speedway, his business or the suchlike. 

Somethings in life are bigger than sport.

Plus for what it’s worth, I believe Buster is honouring the Laguta deal. However I do believe Jakobsen has gone. Will probably be Pickering back in when fit, which I’d say will make us stronger, not weaker. 

Personally I’m sorry to see Alex leave. Sure he will admit he made mistakes but he’s ambitious and successful in business and wants the Stars to be up there challenging. Hopefully he’ll be back involved when the time is right.

Agree. Lets hope he will return to the club when the time is right. We could do with more like Alex in speedway, someone with a bit of ambition.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Flappy said:

So if buster is honouring the Laguta deal does that mean Peterborough can finally have a number 1

I don't know anything about the Laguta deal, but if Buster does honour it, i think the chances of  you getting a decent No.1 will be less than it was. Unless sponsors step in to help out up with the finances.

A few on here appear to be 'in the know' but that doesn't satisfy those who like to criticise. Honesty brings understanding and harmony. 

1 hour ago, WeslakeJohn said:

What I don’t understand is why people are slagging off Buster for having to work to a budget. All successful businesses have to do this. I would rather that he pays what can be afforded and keep speedway going rather than overspend and bankrupt the club (as has been the case in some other clubs).

"We should get Bartek in"...

"Or Magic"...

'Or Woffy, in fact let's make two changes"...

"Robert Lambert!!!"..

Let's all risk the future of a club trying to win something that has, by the very nature of the way the competition is ran, little, credibility,relevance, kudos, or financial reward...

A baffling view from so many fans...

"Monkey Tennis"!!!!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WeslakeJohn said:

What I don’t understand is why people are slagging off Buster for having to work to a budget. All successful businesses have to do this. I would rather that he pays what can be afforded and keep speedway going rather than overspend and bankrupt the club (as has been the case in some other clubs).

100%, but things are very different today to years gone by. People demand VFM & when you have 3 clubs well backed with World Class rider's, just surviving isn't acceptable for the paying supporter. 

It's why Peterborough & King's Lynn fans have meltdowns.

2 hours ago, WeslakeJohn said:

No problem with working to a budget but teams in whatever league the management choose need to be competitive, if you cannot afford to be competitive in the Premier league then run in the Championship.

I seem to recall Chapman’s King Lynn team did rather well in the Championship past decades.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, WeslakeJohn said:

14 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

No problem with working to a budget but teams in whatever league the management choose need to be competitive, if you cannot afford to be competitive in the Premier league then run in the Championship.

I seem to recall Chapman’s King Lynn team did rather well in the Championship past decades.

2019     (7 teams)

6             King's Lynn         

7             Peterborough

COVID

2021     (6 teams)

1             Peterborough

2022     (6 teams)

5             King's Lynn         

6             Peterborough

2023      (7 teams)

7             Peterborough

Buster must have really hated 2021, it ruined his "perfect" record.