British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

From Alex  "and trust me when I say I’m leaving it healthy financially" The club.

From Buster “It’s a fact that we now have a team which is over budget, and we’ve absolutely got to get people in to support us to make it work out – plus I’d urge anyone interested in sponsoring us to please get in touch.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Haza said:

Well I think Laguta leaving is a dead cert if Buster won’t fund Tungate at Pboro he ain’t going to pay for Laguta - guess the difference is Laguta is already at the club where as Tungate isn’t at Pboro time will tell . 
For whatever reasons Alex decided to quit the club and I’m sure they was very real reasons  he has left the club in somewhat turmoil and Buster is there as club owner to pick up the pieces does seem a bit harsh to just walk away and let  Buster sort  the mess out . 

He didn't do it lightly. He has said he is heartbroken to have to do it, and that he has left the club financially healthy.

7 minutes ago, Noodles said:

From Buster “It’s a fact that we now have a team which is over budget, and we’ve absolutely got to get people in to support us to make it work out – plus I’d urge anyone interested in sponsoring us to please get in touch.

Buster basically saying that he can't afford Laguta without massive attendances and extra sponsorship. 

KL are a ticking time bomb now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Noodles said:

I guess Alex's financially healthy, isn't Busters. I can only say what i was told on this matter. But we know Buster likes a budget.

Edited by Bald Bloke

54 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I was going to put a laughing reaction to this but I think this season has taught us that you really can't rule anything out.

Gaining more and more strength with each press release. , those laughing reactions just might be right back at ya

15 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He didn't do it lightly. He has said he is heartbroken to have to do it, and that he has left the club financially healthy.

I’m not for one moment saying he did I’m not having a go 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TTT said:

Buster basically saying that he can't afford Laguta without massive attendances and extra sponsorship. 

KL are a ticking time bomb now.

Think it’s get this season over and done with and regroup in the winter other than finishing ahead of Pboro in the league other than pride little to race for sadly . 

Sounds like the groundwork is being laid by Buster to field an even worse team for the rest of the season.....he's appealing for people to turn up and support but that ain't going to happen with no Laguta. And it'll have a knock on effect at away tracks too. Would rather the club packed up for the year and came back in 2024 at a lower level.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Sounds like the groundwork is being laid by Buster to field an even worse team for the rest of the season.....he's appealing for people to turn up and support but that ain't going to happen with no Laguta. And it'll have a knock on effect at away tracks too. Would rather the club packed up for the year and came back in 2024 at a lower level.

I think you are correct the foundations are being laid for a worse team think that’s obvious- it’s not that simple just packing up for the season wouldn’t the club lose it bond money and probably the licence . 
Won’t be long before the use it or lose it cry goes out - this now also has a knock on effect to Pboro as well Buster responsible financially for both clubs .

As for 2024 got get through this season first . 

What an absolute mess! Brady has clearly bitten off more than he can chew and bailed out. Anyone who thinks otherwise must be mental.

Both Lynn and Peterborough in an absolute mess. Has British Speedway ever been in such a mess? Certainly not in my life time.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

So u think not enough came to watch laguta and alex has thought get out of this before it costs me more ?

The reason given for his departure is genuine and accurate from what I've ben told, and that was from more than one source several weeks ago.

34 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

So u think not enough came to watch laguta and alex has thought get out of this before it costs me more ?

I must admit I was surprised by last nights crowd at the NSS...

I get Citeh were parading their trophies through Manchester, (and the crowd literally ran into several dozens) -_-, but I thought more would come to watch Artem..

One thing is for certain, crowd levels alone certainly dont bring over the top riders...

To get the best over here you need a sponsor willing to bankroll any deal I would suggest..

And that way of running a business is only as sound as the sponsors ongoing commitment... 

Sponsors money should really be the icing on the cake... 

Rather than being a large part of the cake itself...

I have attended both Emil and Artem's meetings at the NSS and both showed fantastic talent..

Would I go and watch though when next in town?

To be honest, given I get to see them ride regularly on my TV each week, then, quite probably, the answer will be no...

Unless in a play off...

Remember. Crowds dwindled quite significantly, and swiftly, whilst all the top names rode over here in the 90's and 00's..

Many more of them at the time, and, probably, more famous than those who ride over here today..

For several years I have always felt that a "reality check" would naturally end up being had, and that the clubs would simply reset, and organically put themselves in their "natural right league" for their fanbase level and financial backing.. 

With Covid in particular coming along and being that clear gift horse opportunity for radical long term focused reset and thinking...

Instead, like so often, that desperately needed radical change and reset was avoided...

If they were not going to do it then, then you can only presume the current malaise is their only plan...

Brady seems to be a forward, modern, bright thinker...

The type the sport need so much.. 

Let's hope he is soon back at the helm..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4