British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

4 hours ago, Haza said:

Well you go to bed and get up put this forum on and just what had happened ? 

So who’s  promoting now Alitt I guess recently a press release said Buster not financially involved - who’s paying Laguta wages ? think we shall soon find out hopefully it’s not the last we see of Laguta but can’t see Buster paying his wages . Some reports Jacobsen has quit as well so what is going on ? 
cue Simon Lambert in Jacobsen place it be a very different team if Buster paying the wage bill 

Please not Simon Lambert.

2 hours ago, lynnboy said:

Sad to say it but This may be the end for Lynn speedway.

With Buster wanting out, Dale in hospital and now Brady gone. Who is paying the bills ?

Will KingsLynn finish the season ?

Lynn could end up just being a banger track. 

Hopefully someone will step in and take it over, but they will need deep pockets with money, as the crowds we are getting won’t pay the wages without someone putting money in. 

Maybe Jonathan Chapman may take control with his dad in the background ? 

Stewart Dickson has apparently offered to take over team management duties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

33 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

From Alex  "and trust me when I say I’m leaving it healthy financially" The club.

I was listing generic reasons for others. 

Didn't imply any financial issues at KL

Clearly Housing Sales market is in for a very difficult spell with mortgage rates rising and products being pulled. 

The bloke is 100% right to focus on family, own business and wellbeing as priority. 

• Like 1

I’d be surprised if there any press release on the future of the club  for a few days to honest - there must be a lot to sort out getting to the seasons end must be priority and restoring a bit of pride if we finish ahead of Pboro in the league table guess that’s something then sort things out in the closed season .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

BB do you know if Jakobsen rumours leaving are correct and what the reason is?

The manager at Grudziadz has said about Jakobsen no longer starting in UK, could be the Polish gettIng wrong end of stick on Sportowefakty site, who knows 

12 minutes ago, Haza said:

I’d be surprised if there any press release on the future of the club  for a few days to honest - there must be a lot to sort out getting to the seasons end must be priority and restoring a bit of pride if we finish ahead of Pboro in the league table guess that’s something then sort things out in the closed season .

A swap in sorts involving Lyon/NKI and Laguta would relieve some pressure on both clubs for Buster in the short term , but would require MT to fund Laguta and if hes allowed to join Peterborough that is with some mooted rules for extraliga riders

MT could also be in a good position to bargain further with Buster now to finally get his hands on Peterborough if theres a future for them that is ?

Edited by scoobydoo

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

A swap in sorts involving Lyon/NKI and Laguta would relieve some pressure on both clubs for Buster in the short term , but would require MT to fund Laguta and jf hes allowed to join Peterborough that is with some mooted rules for extraliga riders

MT could also be in a good position to bargain further with Buster now to finally get his hands on Peterborough if theres a future for them that is ?

:D

18 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

A swap in sorts involving Lyon/NKI and Laguta would relieve some pressure on both clubs for Buster in the short term , but would require MT to fund Laguta and if hes allowed to join Peterborough that is with some mooted rules for extraliga riders

Well as much as rivals both clubs are to each other I think what has to happen is what’s best for both club’s survival or there will be no rivalry if one or even both close . Even the tone on this forum has changed both sets of posters from each club seem to have a common goal which is a definite positive.

Edited by Haza

41 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

I was going to put a laughing reaction to this but I think this season has taught us that you really can't rule anything out.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

There is a surprise lol i didn’t see that coming - Laguta in for the chop is my guess  and I still think Simon Lambert will be in the team 

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

BB do you know if Jakobsen rumours leaving are correct and what the reason is?

I can only tell you this, from my chat with Alex as of late last night.

"So IF he has decided to go, I know absolutely nothing about it"

11 minutes ago, TTT said:

KL fans will have to turn up in numbers every week now and support a losing team otherwise Laguta will be off in no time at all.

Well I think Laguta leaving is a dead cert if Buster won’t fund Tungate at Pboro he ain’t going to pay for Laguta - guess the difference is Laguta is already at the club where as Tungate isn’t at Pboro time will tell . 
For whatever reasons Alex decided to quit the club and I’m sure they was very real reasons  he has left the club in somewhat turmoil and Buster is there as club owner to pick up the pieces does seem a bit harsh to just walk away and let  Buster sort  the mess out . 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

I'd imagine anyone running and funding Estate Agencies is in deep mess right now though, economy trashed, mortgage rates rising, cost of living crisis. Going to be a rocky few years for them. 

Then you imagine wrong. 

Our company is in a very good place right now, still selling property, letting property, commercial, agriculture and auctions. People are still spending money, particularly high end property. We have a lot more income streams than you probably imagine with Redbook / Survey's and Probate work from Solicitors, as well as managing estates around the country.

And any of the smaller agents, if they've put money aside during the Boom that we have just had, will ride it out if they manage it correctly. And for the work they do now, they'll put their fees up. 

Alex's company is very well known in our circles and his success with his partner Jamie is well documented. He must be the market leader I would have thought in Norfolk, or close to it. They also wont be the type of agent that "gives their service away for nothing". They'll command good fees for the work they do. 

So no, unlike British Speedway, we are not in a "deep mess right now". 

Cheers

Richard.

Edited by Mr Bee
  • Like 6