British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

1 minute ago, Wolfie456 said:

Looks like the league may be missing 3 teams now next season.

I'm sure Lynn will be at the tapes, but in what league i don't know. The stadium is secure, just depends who Buster sell the promotion to.

On 6/2/2023 at 11:12 PM, Daniel Smith said:

I don't see why all this "Keyboard Warrior" s#!te has kicked off again. I've not seen one complaint about Brady & the signing of Laguta. 

If anything, most fans are unhappy with everything that's going on around him. Alex is the new guy & the club is suffering from the same mistakes for the last decade. That's clear evidence the issues are elsewhere. 

Fingers crossed for Alex but unless others move on he'll be fighting a losing battle at King's Lynn & end up tarred with the same brush.

We once had a guy very similar to him, in that he'd travel to GP's, Ekstraliga, Elitserien meetings, chatting with rider's, marketing the club locally but eventually British Speedway knocked the stuffing out of him. He was the son of our (past) owner. 

Personally I'd forget about Poland, go looking at the youngsters from America, Germany, France, Argentina etc, these guys would be absolutely grateful for a chance & give you everything they have. Even 16-18yo Swedes & Danes are worth a shot over employing the same old same old year in, year out. 

Alex, pleeeeeeeeease do something different for 2024.

Source new track material & find new rider's & do it your way. You're listening & learning from the wrong people who have already done a very poor job for over a decade at this club.

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

As I said, this sport will break a whippersnapper with new ideas, they just won't be allowed in British Speedway. 

Brady jetting off to Poland to secure a deal for Laguta and then two weeks later the former stands down.

Has to be more to this story imo, KL's future has now plunged into doubt as Buster wants out of the sport.

I have just spoken to Alex. His unexpected decision to step down from all duties at Lynn are a purely personal thing. I can assure you he is deeply gutted by this, but it is a thing he must do at this time.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

Brady jetting off to Poland to secure a deal for Laguta and then two weeks later the former stands down.

Has to be more to this story imo, KL's future has now plunged into doubt as Buster wants out of the sport.

It does all seem rather strange

Just now, JoeW436 said:

It does all seem rather strange

100%, You don't inject a ridiculous lump of cash into the club by paying 10k a night for Laguta (Rumoured) and then decide to call it quits after two meetings.

If Alex was already planning to quit in advance then he wouldn't have even bothered to sign Laguta imo at the rumoured price because it makes no logical sense.

Something's happened on the spot imo.

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

100%, You don't inject a ridiculous lump of cash into the club by paying 10k a night for Laguta (Rumoured) and then decide to call it quits after two meetings.

If Alex was already planning to quit in advance then he wouldn't have even bothered to sign Laguta imo at the rumoured price because it makes no logical sense.

Something's happened on the spot imo.

Bald Bloke

• Bald Bloke
  • Members
  • 7,484 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles. . Man utd
  • Team:Kings Lynn

I have just spoke to Alex. His unexpected decision to step down from all duties at Lynn are a purely personal thing. I can assure you he is deeply gutted by this, but it is a thing he must do at this time.

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

It is and it's a personal thing for Alex. Nothing to do with King's Lynn or speedway

Hope all is well first and foremost, seemed like a decent lad with some fresh ideas in a sport filled with dinosaurs

• Like 1

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Bald Bloke

• Bald Bloke
  • Members
  • 7,484 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles. . Man utd
  • Team:Kings Lynn

I have just spoke to Alex. His unexpected decision to step down from all duties at Lynn are a purely personal thing. I can assure you he is deeply gutted by this, but it is a thing he must do at this time.

Tough sell for me tbh BB.

I just don't understand how anyone would agree to pay a ludicrous fee for a rider when they're already making plans to step away from the sport within the next couple of weeks, It just doesn't make any sense.

Buster wouldn't have approved the signing of Laguta either if he knew about Brady's position in advance because Buster wouldn't spend 10k a night on one rider when he's having to folk out wages at Peterborough as well, The books don't add up financially to make a deal viable.

Just now, JoeW436 said:

Hope all is well first and foremost, seemed like a decent lad with some fresh ideas in a sport filled with dinosaurs

Alex is fine. But doesn't need the pressure he would be under running a club right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

I just don't understand how anyone would agree to pay a ludicrous fee for a rider when they're already making plans to step away from the sport within the next couple of weeks, It just doesn't make any sense.

Buster wouldn't have approved the signing of Laguta either if he knew about Brady's position in advance because Buster wouldn't spend 10k a night on one rider when he's having to folk out wages at Peterborough as well, The books don't add up financially to make a deal viable.

Things have changed pretty fast. Artem didn't need Busters approval. He hasn't no financial input in the Lynn team. 

17 minutes ago, TTT said:

It's the truth. Trust me