British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

I don't see why all this "Keyboard Warrior" s#!te has kicked off again. I've not seen one complaint about Brady & the signing of Laguta. 

If anything, most fans are unhappy with everything that's going on around him. Alex is the new guy & the club is suffering from the same mistakes for the last decade. That's clear evidence the issues are elsewhere. 

Fingers crossed for Alex but unless others move on he'll be fighting a losing battle at King's Lynn & end up tarred with the same brush.

We once had a guy very similar to him, in that he'd travel to GP's, Ekstraliga, Elitserien meetings, chatting with rider's, marketing the club locally but eventually British Speedway knocked the stuffing out of him. He was the son of our (past) owner. 

Personally I'd forget about Poland, go looking at the youngsters from America, Germany, France, Argentina etc, these guys would be absolutely grateful for a chance & give you everything they have. Even 16-18yo Swedes & Danes are worth a shot over employing the same old same old year in, year out. 

Alex, pleeeeeeeeease do something different for 2024.

Source new track material & find new rider's & do it your way. You're listening & learning from the wrong people who have already done a very poor job for over a decade at this club.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't see why all this "Keyboard Warrior" s#!te has kicked off again. I've not seen one complaint about Brady & the signing of Laguta. 

If anything, most fans are unhappy with everything that's going on around him. Alex is the new guy & the club is suffering from the same mistakes for the last decade. That's clear evidence the issues are elsewhere. 

Fingers crossed for Alex but unless others move on he'll be fighting a losing battle at King's Lynn & end up tarred with the same brush.

We once had a guy very similar to him, in that he'd travel to GP's, Ekstraliga, Elitserien meetings, chatting with rider's, marketing the club locally but eventually British Speedway knocked the stuffing out of him. He was the son of our (past) owner. 

Personally I'd forget about Poland, go looking at the youngsters from America, Germany, France, Argentina etc, these guys would be absolutely grateful for a chance & give you everything they have. Even 16-18yo Swedes & Danes are worth a shot over employing the same old same old year in, year out. 

Alex, pleeeeeeeeease do something different for 2024.

Source new track material & find new rider's & do it your way. You're listening & learning from the wrong people who have already done a very poor job for over a decade at this club.

Obviously I know nothing about KL so the points you make about the club I will take at face value, especially given the knowledge you have shown in the past around KL and its past history, and opportunities that it seldom seems to take.. 

However the two points I really picked up on were the one about Jonathan Chapman and the one about "learning from the wrong people"...

Chapman was one of those "fresh ideas" promoters that, it appears, dont ever seem in favour. I presume due to the "We 'can't (don't want to), do it that way" knock back from the majority.. 

And as for "learning from the wrong people". That is a clear issue with the sport as there is rarely a "gold standard" to look at and aspire to be..

It is noticeable that Poole seem to be doing "very well" even after their change of promoter..

Delivering a business model to suit their needs..

"Learning from the right person" in this instance maybe?.

1 hour ago, pubichair said:

Jorgensen next  to go hopefully 

More than that. If you genuine want to win things, you have to be ruthless. Not listen to " im preparing better than ever for this season"  and all the bullrubbish.

5 minutes ago, pubichair said:

That’s very valid point!

Talk is cheap. In life if you stand by your friends and they aint up to the job. You'll go down with them

Ruthless or or not

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 6/3/2023 at 6:35 AM, mikebv said:

Obviously I know nothing about KL so the points you make about the club I will take at face value, especially given the knowledge you have shown in the past around KL and its past history, and opportunities that it seldom seems to take.. 

However the two points I really picked up on were the one about Jonathan Chapman and the one about "learning from the wrong people"...

Chapman was one of those "fresh ideas" promoters that, it appears, dont ever seem in favour. I presume due to the "We 'can't (don't want to), do it that way" knock back from the majority.. 

And as for "learning from the wrong people". That is a clear issue with the sport as there is rarely a "gold standard" to look at and aspire to be..

It is noticeable that Poole seem to be doing "very well" even after their change of promoter..

Delivering a business model to suit their needs..

"Learning from the right person" in this instance maybe?.

Though i think Matt is still heavily involved, even subsituting as TM when needed. Not sure who does the 'signings' in the winter, prob a joint thing. @Skidder1 will know!

A winning team and Laguta will bring the crowd back imo.Laguta and getting beat week after week will only improve a bit.There were some good races tonight,but ultimately you need a winning team to keep 95% of people happy and to keep coming back.Getting beat every week and the ones that came to see Artem will slowly drift away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

A winning team and Laguta will bring the crowd back imo.Laguta and getting beat week after week will only improve a bit.There were some good races tonight,but ultimately you need a winning team to keep 95% of people happy and to keep coming back.Getting beat every week and the ones that came to see Artem will slowly drift away.

TJ and the middle order have been shocking. Not more please..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Most of our team needs moving on if possible.. Shocking..

Didn't see you tonight BB,were you there?Klindt,Jorgensen and Jakobsen were absolutely terrible.Need back up for Artem,not an engine room like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Didn't see you tonight BB,were you there?Klindt,Jorgensen and Jakobsen were absolutely terrible.Need back up for Artem,not an engine room like that.

No i wasn't. Decided not to go when BV had Kurtz out. Watched the Leicester v BV meeting on BSN.

1 hour ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Pickering could possibly be back next week (hopefully in for Jorgensen) and apparently they'll be another team change before Monday's meeting away at Belle Vue

"The engine room is where we’re lacking, and it’s something that will have to change. There will definitely be a change in time for Belle Vue away on Monday, there are some things to build on, and hopefully there will be a reaction again.”

No apparently about it, Alex's own words from the post-match report.

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Most of our team needs moving on if possible.. Shocking..

With the exception of laguta & palm Toft yous need big changes imo but TBH I'd much rather be in your position as my team ( Newcastle diamonds) is unfortunately lost to the history books 

7 hours ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Pickering could possibly be back next week (hopefully in for Jorgensen) and apparently they'll be another team change before Monday's meeting away at Belle Vue

Not sure Pickering is the answer. Sure you’ll get 100% all action effort but in 12 months he’s gone from #1 to reserve.