British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

The numbers don't add up for King's Lynn to get Laguta in. There has to be 3 changes to make it worth while, even then, the team still doesn't look great. 

I think next month you could get rid of KK or Klindt and Jorgensen for Laguta and a 5+pt rider.

Laguta 8pt and an untried Dane/Czech would do.

I may wake up soon,I've had a long day.

44 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I think next month you could get rid of KK or Klindt and Jorgensen for Laguta and a 5+pt rider.

Laguta 8pt and an untried Dane/Czech would do.

I may wake up soon,I've had a long day.

The right five pointer would make that a much better side. Whoever it was would come in at reserve.

If a new foreigner can't be found dare I suggest Craig Cook :D

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The right five pointer would make that a much better side. Whoever it was would come in at reserve.

If a new foreigner can't be found dare I suggest Craig Cook :D

I know i put Jorgensen down,but imo he has done what we expect of him again this season,3rd in Lynn's average home and away.KK and Klindt have been the very major disappointments imo,especially Klindt.Both of them should go really but i expect one to stay in the hope they would find the form you expect of them.But on the flip side you may keep one only to see their average sliding even further down,then with no hope of replacing them.

Jan Kvech would do me if they could tempt him.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I know i put Jorgensen down,but imo he has done what we expect of him again this season,3rd in Lynn's average home and away.KK and Klindt have been the very major disappointments imo,especially Klindt.Both of them should go really but i expect one to stay in the hope they would find the form you expect of them.But on the flip side you may keep one only to see their average sliding even further down,then with no hope of replacing them.

Jan Kvech would do me if they could tempt him.

I agree on Jorgensen, and he is good to watch at Lynn and always gives 100%, not sure Klindt and KK fall into that category. However I think Klindt can and probably would score much better riding at 2, 3 or 4. Probably better than Jorgensen.

Kvech would be great but I can't see them shelling out for Laguta and somebody else from the continent, I expect it to be a rider already here.

• Like 1

Had conversation with Davey Watt a few years ago in a bar in Poland the night before a GP - he was a Poole rider at the time I asked him if he’d ever comeback and ride for KL he said no as Buster pay rate is rubbish he added how Iversen rides at Lynn  on Busters rates he didn’t no as was poor money - so going by that I’d say it be unlikely the club would shell out big money for Laguta - Lambert was on 5k a meeting at Belle Vue end of last season (that’s real reason he didn’t ride in the last meeting at KL after the play off final BV wasn’t going to shell out another 5k on a nothing on it meeting )Dudek wanted similar this season neither are in the Uk - Laguta might well be cheaper as trying to make up for a lost season but even 3-4K a meeting can we really see Buster paying that ?

Edited by Haza

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I agree on Jorgensen, and he is good to watch at Lynn and always gives 100%, not sure Klindt and KK fall into that category. However I think Klindt can and probably would score much better riding at 2, 3 or 4. Probably better than Jorgensen.

Kvech would be great but I can't see them shelling out for Laguta and somebody else from the continent, I expect it to be a rider already here.

2 ,3 or 4 in championship,Try 6 

2 hours ago, Haza said:

Had conversation with Davey Watt a few years ago in a bar in Poland the night before a GP - he was a Poole rider at the time I asked him if he’d ever comeback and ride for KL he said no as Buster pay rate is rubbish he added how Iversen rides at Lynn  on Busters rates he didn’t no as was poor money - so going by that I’d say it be unlikely the club would shell out big money for Laguta - Lambert was on 5k a meeting at Belle Vue end of last season (that’s real reason he didn’t ride in the last meeting at KL after the play off final BV wasn’t going to shell out another 5k on a nothing on it meeting )Dudek wanted similar this season neither are in the Uk - Laguta might well be cheaper as trying to make up for a lost season but even 3-4K a meeting can we really see Buster paying that ?

Agree Buster has strict budgets,but riders always got paid on time.Some other clubs were paying some of their riders willy nilly,sometimes not at all.So obviously some are prepared to take a lower rate knowing they will get paid.

Was prepared to pay Pedersen 3.5K a meeting.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Buster won't be paying it Alex Brady will that's obvious 

I wouldn't be surprised if a package has been agreed with the new sponsors MacInnes. The team was already agreed before they became title sponsors so any changes could be as a result of direct investment from them. Who knows, just a thought.

1 hour ago, Speedball said:

He’s got a point. Someone on the internet once told me Klindt was a No 1 and I certainly don’t believe that

I don't know if its me or Nicolai that is a bit stupid here

But if he can't believe its 2023 and people still believe what they read on the internet, what is the reference point?

Surely in 2023 more people than ever before are on the internet and more news/gossip is online, as opposed to 1993 :unsure:

Must be a Danish thing