British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

3 hours ago, JackPells said:

FOLLOWING the postponement of the recent King’s Lynn v Ipswich Premiership fixture, the Speedway Control Bureau launched an investigation into the reasons behind the call-off.

The meeting was scheduled to take place at the Adrian Flux Arena on Thursday May 4, but was postponed on the afternoon of May 3 by stadium owners Norfolk Arena Limited.

The reason given for the postponement was significant damage to the stock car fence, including the pits gate, following a stock car meeting on Bank Holiday Monday (May 1), which could not be repaired in time for the speedway meeting to take place.

The SCB reviewed the circumstances of this postponement, having requested further information from King’s Lynn Speedway and Norfolk Arena Limited, with both parties complying with this investigation.

Both King’s Lynn Speedway and Norfolk Arena Limited have been exonerated of any kind of improper conduct regarding the postponement of the fixture.

A new date for the King’s Lynn v Ipswich fixture will be communicated as soon as possible.

So how many people are going to apologise for basically calling Buster a cheat?

34 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

So how many people are going to apologise for basically calling Buster a cheat?

"Do us a favour Keith, can you send a couple of photos of a busted gate and a bit of fence? They must have bent a post so one of that as well then we can can kill all this crap on the internet. It's better than you feigning a heart attack or pulling the distribution board stunt they've been done to death as have the sun off and burst water bowser. Oh by the way when you pulled the distribution board stunt did you know that CEF keep the parts in stock? (Just in case you need to go again with something) - I'd suggest an archeological find next time, nobody's done that yet!"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

"Do us a favour Keith, can you send a couple of photos of a busted gate and a bit of fence? They must have bent a post so one of that as well then we can can kill all this crap on the internet. It's better than you feigning a heart attack or pulling the distribution board stunt they've been done to death as have the sun off and burst water bowser. Oh by the way when you pulled the distribution board stunt did you know that CEF keep the parts in stock? (Just in case you need to go again with something) - I'd suggest an archeological find next time, nobody's done that yet!"

Really not a good look for old Buster is it? Quite shocking really when you read all of his previous shenanigans like that. 

8 hours ago, mikebv said:

I have sent four screws to them....

Can you make sure they are not too long as the last ones sent were and stuck out the other side. They need to be no longer than 3” at the most. Most importantly the screws need to be a posidrive head to fit the Irish left handed screwdriver.

Edited by rearingtogo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

I’m thinking of before he took over. Some dodgy call offs.

You jest, the likes of Bob Dugard, Jon Cook pulling stunts? never.....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

No jesting. Eastbourne had one which was up there with pitgate let alone some unusual weather.

I was joking, spent 9 years working in the sport mostly at Eastbourne so I know what happens.

Your first post though, I thought you meant that Eastbourne have previous for go fund pages to make money from fans, when they only did from 1 former promoter..

3 minutes ago, M.D said:

I was joking, spent 9 years working in the sport mostly at Eastbourne so I know what happens.

Your first post though, I thought you meant that Eastbourne have previous for go fund pages to make money from fans, when they only did from 1 former promoter..

I am only referring to unexpected, strange call offs. I wish I had written them all down.

I have my doubt’s he will run next season. Can see him pulling the plug and the whole top league going into the abyss. With Peterborough and Wolves going.

6 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

I have my doubt’s he will run next season. Can see him pulling the plug and the whole top league going into the abyss. With Peterborough and Wolves going.

Probably left with Belle Vue,Sheffield, Ipo and Leicester. Playing each other four times a season.