British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Best way to watch Kings Lynn is to be a bit worse for wear ;):drink:

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Best way to watch Kings Lynn is to be a bit worse for wear ;):drink:

Not very nice Taps....  But it works for me ;)

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm hoping for free samples :D

Happy to buy you a pint at the AFA anytime Baggy:t:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since Lynn are starting their season with one of their strongest riders at number 6, how about having a weaker rider at 5 to be "protected" by Jakobsen & Klint in his 4 rides?

1. Klindt

2. Jorgensen

3. (H) Kasprzak (A) Palm Toft

4. (H) Palm Toft (A) Kasprzak

5. Pickering

6. Jakobsen

7. Edwards

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Since Lynn are starting their season with one of their strongest riders at number 6, how about having a weaker rider at 5 to be "protected" by Jakobsen & Klint in his 4 rides?

1. Klindt

2. Jorgensen

5. Pickering

6. Jakobsen

7. Edwards

That's exactly how I'd line up I think, not sure Pickering is really 'weaker' other than on paper and I think he and Jakobsen swap after two meetings anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 6:09 PM, Bald Bloke said:

Press day now postponed to 28th, (due to impending weather conditions) behind closed doors and earlier in the day as some riders have other commitments  later.

As per Kings Lynn Stars website.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Press day now postponed to 28th, (due to impending weather conditions) behind closed doors and earlier in the day as some riders have other commitments  later.

As per Kings Lynn Stars website.

On the plus side (for me) Tuesdays P&P clashed with King's Lynn Town FC's top of the table clash with Flyde. On the not so good side, the fans  have missed a chance to see the riders on track:neutral:

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 3/8/2023 at 4:07 PM, szkocjasid said:

1. Klindt

2. Jorgensen

5. Pickering

6. Jakobsen

7. Edwards

I’m really looking forward to seeing how this team gets on. Bet365 have them favourites to come bottom but I can’t see it.

A few question marks over how good KK will be and whether Klindt can continue his UK form on but I think there is huge potential with this side.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I’m really looking forward to seeing how this team gets on. Bet365 have them favourites to come bottom but I can’t see it.

A few question marks over how good KK will be and whether Klindt can continue his UK form on but I think there is huge potential with this side.

I don't get the negativity towards the side, KK only has to get a 6.9 average to be a success, it's not like he's not ridden since he left Rye House, he's been into he GPs & Polish Extraliga. Plus there's Jakobsen who is gonna put 2 points on his average straightaway, that's a big advantage over other clubs!

Was a bit puzzled by the cancelling of Tuesday after a nice day today and another dry one tomorrow but then I remembered the BEN Fund on Saturday, to be fair we've had a fair bit of rain in the last couple of weeks after a dry winter (of course :rolleyes:) and the priority has to be to make sure the track is ok for the weekend. 

Edited by Bagpuss

34 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Lots of rain here through the night. It stopped about 30 mins ago, but looks like it might come down again. The right call in the end i think. 

Absolutely, the rain has hung around for an extra four hours this morning and there is more to come tonight, looking at the forecast for the rest of the week they may even have their work cut out to get it sorted for Saturday.

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Lots of rain here through the night. It stopped about 30 mins ago, but looks like it might come down again. The right call in the end i think. 

Also sounds like the stock cars made a mess on Saturday night :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Shame to see Ed Overland hanging up his mic.He is focusing on his health.Such a distinctive voice he had and he will be missed by many with his announcements.

The other guy in the middle Andy Mitchell also finishing as he has work commitments.

Kevin Moore takes on the announcing role from Edwin.

Also it's great to have Gavin Caney back in the middle on the mic as presenter.

• Like 3