British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

11 hours ago, Col said:

You do Doyle a huge disservice putting on par with Masters.

I look at once, it looks good, next I can't see a heat win, third time I can see very few 0's on a scorecard.

Agreed... But they have the only RS who will take a point off none RS's in the league.

Do you think Jorgensen will prove to be better over the course of a season as #6 than Blodorn & Kerr. I'm not convinced.

I think this Stars team is relying on MPT to recapture his 2021 form.  They have a very solid engine room.

You need to do some homework before making a statement like that 

Quick examples from 2022 

Jordan Jenkins beat Wright , Brennan and Blodorn at Peterborough in the Panthers last meeting of 2022 

Jason Edwards beat Blodorn at the NSS       Jack Thomas beat Kurtz at the NSS

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

You need to do some homework before making a statement like that 

Quick examples from 2022 

Jordan Jenkins beat Wright , Brennan and Blodorn at Peterborough in the Panthers last meeting of 2022 

Jason Edwards beat Blodorn at the NSS       Jack Thomas beat Kurtz at the NSS

But will they do it consistently, I'm pretty sure Flint will.

11 minutes ago, Col said:

But will they do it consistently, I'm pretty sure Flint will.

Jenkins,  Edwards and Thomas all improved over the season after getting there initial first chances at being an RS , 

They should all improve further in 2023 just as Flint did in his second season of being an RS 

I was a bit critical of 000Jenkins at Peterborough but he made me eat my words so be prepared to admit you were wrong also

Gilkes will take a few scalps as well

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 2

The only one I remember seeing last year was Thomas, but I would remember him as he was at the Brummies in previous season so saw a fair bit of him then.  The only visiting RS that I remember being impressed by at the NSS was Flint, as Mountain & Brennan are no longer RS's.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

So £22 to get in, season ticket works out as twenty quid per meeting over 13 matches.

So saving £26, not too bad when you look at it like that... especially if you know you'll definitely go to them all

Edited by Lynnfan91
Rubbish grammar

25 minutes ago, Lynnfan91 said:

So saving £26, not too bad when you look at it like that... especially if you know you'll definitely go to them all

Even if you can't make it to some you can give it to someone else.Sure that was said last night.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 8:02 AM, Haza said:

But as you say Alex knows what the fans want as he’s a fan himself 

He got that one wrong LOL hopefully he's right but to leave out 2 guys I wanted in the team hmmmmmmmm We had to put up with Pedersen, we can put up with KK lol

6 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

So £22 to get in, season ticket works out as twenty quid per meeting over 13 matches.

Not bad as you get 13 free programmes, and are able to watch 3 races per meeting from the centre green which i think is usually a fiver.

You can also buy a riders kevlars before the season starts for £300, have you name on them if you wish, and you get them at the end of the season. Not bad if  thats your thing. 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not bad as you get 13 free programmes, and are able to watch 3 races per meeting from the centre green which i think is usually a fiver.

You can also buy a riders kevlars before the season starts for £300, have you name on them if you wish, and you get them at the end of the season. Not bad if  thats your thing

That would make an unbelievable gift for the youngsters! If I’d have managed to get a pair of Siggy’s leathers back in the day when he was my idol growing up, that would have been something I’d have treasured. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

You can also buy a riders kevlars before the season starts for £300, have you name on them if you wish, and you get them at the end of the season. Not bad if  thats your thing. 

That's not a bad deal on a season ticket.Didn't realise you got your programmes chucked in with the price.I may decide to get a season ticket this season,something I haven't done for about 30 years.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JackPells said:

Correct. All season tickets can be transferred to another person if you're unable to attend. 

A great call, long overdue by tracks if they want to encourage Season ticket sales..

Personally, I would find a pre paid charge too restrictive in running my business as it would prevent me doing adhoc marketing through the year to encourage less loyal punters each week, but Speedway seems to see some value in them..

Not sure it has the same cash flow impact that in "days of yore" it had though...

My only add on would be to ditch the free programme and do a season ticket with the free programme value removed..

I never buy a programme, so knocking 3 quid off each meeting may persuade me to get a season ticket..

Good to see a promotion thinking with innovation though isnt it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

A great call, long overdue by tracks if they want to encourage Season ticket sales..

Personally, I would find a pre paid charge too restrictive in running my business as it would prevent me doing adhoc marketing through the year to encourage less loyal punters each week, but Speedway seems to see some value in them..

Not sure it has the same cash flow impact that in "days of yore" it had though...

My only add on would be to ditch the free programme and do a season ticket with the free programme value removed..

I never buy a programme, so knocking 3 quid off each meeting may persuade me to get a season ticket..

Good to see a promotion thinking with innovation though isnt it? 

Agree on the Programme bit. I’ve never brought one in 40 years of attending so the Ipswich ticket for me is better value than the Lynn one as it’s a tenna cheaper at £250 instead of £260. But for those fans that buying a programme every week is essential then the Lynn season ticket is excellent value for them. 

23 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes I know I saw that, did you not see my exclamation mark.

Being a Poole fan explains it then.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Agree on the Programme bit. I’ve never brought one in 40 years of attending so the Ipswich ticket for me is better value than the Lynn one as it’s a tenna cheaper at £250 instead of £260. But for those fans that buying a programme every week is essential then the Lynn season ticket is excellent value for them. 

I would have thought most fans buy a programme so good value in my opinion.

• Like 1