British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

48 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Tofty was there. He said he went to 5 different people to find the problem with his shoulder with no luck.The 6th one found the problem, fixed it and now it's fine. According to Tofty.

Pleased hes hopefully got it sorted ,thought after the PCM victory at BV he was really going to kick on this season but it just didnt happen then the shoulder injury all but finished his season in July.

As ive said before i do wonder if it caused a rift between MPT and Rob Lyon,  

Any mention of the promotion change ? As not seen anything on here

Edited by scoobydoo

2 hours ago, Haza said:

So who the promoter is Buster still at the helm or is it just Brady and Allit ?

Still Buster. He is winding down a bit and taking a step back like he did in 22, with Dale and Alex doing the day to day stuff.  Alex said the club is in good hands and will be for many years to come. Reading between the lines i think Brady will take the promotion over in the future.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Lynn depends on KK. Alex said he knows he can be frustrating, but he can also be very fast. Brady thinks KK can average 8 in this league. He also said 3 Prem teams spoke to him(KK) and it cost" a 5 figure sum beginning with a 2 to get him to Lynn"

100% Lynn's season really is dependent on 1 rider. He's anywhere between a 9 or 5 average, that's massive for the season. 

As for the 5 figure sum, I wouldn't be too concerned as that could just be £200.01 :lol::t:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

IIppo & Wolves who have a heavyweight number one

You do Doyle a huge disservice putting on par with Masters.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Can’t make my mind up about this team tbh.

I look at once, it looks good, next I can't see a heat win, third time I can see very few 0's on a scorecard.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Wolverhampton look the worst team so far, 

Agreed... But they have the only RS who will take a point off none RS's in the league.

47 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

After 1 league meeting Freddie will be on over a 7 and Picko will drop to reserve.I can see TJ riding there most of the season. Whoever it is we will have a very strong number 6 all season.

Do you think Jorgensen will prove to be better over the course of a season as #6 than Blodorn & Kerr. I'm not convinced.

I think this Stars team is relying on MPT to recapture his 2021 form.  They have a very solid engine room.

Just now, Col said:

I look at once, it looks good, next I can't see a heat win, third time I can see very few 0's on a scorecard.

Agreed... But they have the only RS who will take a point off none RS's in the league.

Do you think Jorgensen will prove to be better over the course of a season as #6 than Blodorn & Kerr. I'm not convinced.

I think this Stars team is relying on MPT to recapture his 2021 form.  They have a very solid engine room.

Yes to the first one.

The 2nd one......... I don't think we are relying on MPT. He said he can put a point on his 6.86 average, but if he does his average, i'd he happy. We have Freddie on a 5, he averaged over7 last season on old kit, but didn't do enough meetings to keep the 7+. So we have a good 2 points to come from him. Picko can do better than a 6.14 as well. Brady said after we agreed a deal for 23 every club in the league tried to get him to do a U turn. For me It's KK that we need to have a good one.

KL are the dark horse for 2023.

It's one of those teams that is sneakily good and it'll go under the radar imo. No big name GP superstar in the side but it's got solid scorers from top to bottom just like the Peterborough 2021 side.

12 minutes ago, Col said:

Yes, I think Lynn will be the best reserve in the league, wether it's TJ, Pickering or MPT!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep, I'd be seriously underwhelmed if a Wolves fan. The thing they do have though is a big home advantage and on that basis alone you'd fancy them for top four.

I doubt that will even save them next season tbh.

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

After 1 league meeting Freddie will be on over a 7 and Picko will drop to reserve.I can see TJ riding there most of the season. Whoever it is we will have a very strong number 6 all season.

I'm pretty sure for that reason I predicted Lynn for 2nd this year (Worrall starting at reserve) but got that wrong so slightly reluctant to make that same suggestion again lol!

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm pretty sure for that reason I predicted Lynn for 2nd this year (Worrall starting at reserve) but got that wrong so slightly reluctant to make that same suggestion again lol!

Whoever is at reserve, they will be as good as Worrall imo. I would take 2nd right now :)

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Lynn depends on KK. Alex said he knows he can be frustrating, but he can also be very fast. Brady thinks KK can average 8 in this league. He also said 3 Prem teams spoke to him(KK) and it cost" a 5 figure sum beginning with a 2 to get him to Lynn"

He best not let us down then!!!!!!

I predict he'll fall off regularly on the 3rd/4th bend .....

Edited by Trees

6 hours ago, Col said:

You misread/misunderstood, what I said is that Ipswich have Doyle and Wolves have the strongest home advantage. Because of those things they will be difficult to finish above even though their teams look a bit meh.

As for taking point off non RS's, I'm pretty sure Jenkins, Edwards and Thomas all did that last season, and given time Thompson, Mulford and particularly Gilkes will too. 

18 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Boo him after winning you the title after many years in the doldrums! 

It was sent in gest. Can you not see the smiley.

11 minutes ago, Haza said:

Or is he another Killdiman and never starts the season 

Reports suggest that this is his last season before retirement and he wants a final year riding in the UK so unless he injures himself like PK I can't see any reason why he won't start the season. Whether he finishes it is up for debate but time will tell, he starts with a clean slate  for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

For me It's KK that we need to have a good one.

I'm sure KK will do what KK has always done, blow incredibly hot & cold.  Expect a fair few 3 0 3 R.  It's whether the 3, 2, 3, 1', 2 nights occur as often as the 0, R , R.  The thing is with the Stars septet, Klindt is almost as inconsistent.

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Yes, I think Lynn will be the best reserve in the league, wether it's TJ, Pickering or MPT!

It will be Jorgensen most of the year, I'm sure of that.  Not convinced he'll prove to be better than Kerr and possibly Blodorn over the course of a season.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1