British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

4 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

As far as I can tell Krzystof Kasprzak's last average was 8.04 with Rye House in 2018, but I'm assuming that's wrong considering he's not number 1 and that figure puts the team well above the limit, where have I gone wrong then?

1 Nicolai Klindt 7.39
2 Thomas Jorgensen 6.35
3 Michael Palm Toft 6.86
4 Krzysztof Kasprzak 8.04
5 Josh Pickering 6.14
6 Frederik Jakobsen 5.04
7 Jason Edwards RS

I really can't tell if I like that team or not... Gonna take me a while to think about it... I can't tell if it's really good or really bad :blink:

Anything with Josh Pickering and MPT in must be really good, right?? Brilliant reserves too

Rye House's results were expunged, so at the end of the season his average reverted back to his starting figure for 2018 of 6.86

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

As far as I can tell Krzystof Kasprzak's last average was 8.04 with Rye House in 2018, but I'm assuming that's wrong considering he's not number 1 and that figure puts the team well above the limit, where have I gone wrong then?

1 Nicolai Klindt 7.39
2 Thomas Jorgensen 6.35
3 Michael Palm Toft 6.86
5 Josh Pickering 6.14
6 Frederik Jakobsen 5.04
7 Jason Edwards RS

I really can't tell if I like that team or not... Gonna take me a while to think about it... I can't tell if it's really good or really bad :blink:

Anything with Josh Pickering and MPT in must be really good, right?? Brilliant reserves too

I remember seeing 6 something quoted on here somewhere at some point for KK.

EDIT arnieg beat me to it by a whisker.

Edited by Bagpuss

8 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

1 Nicolai Klindt 7.39
2 Thomas Jorgensen 6.35
3 Michael Palm Toft 6.86
5 Josh Pickering 6.14
6 Frederik Jakobsen 5.04
7 Jason Edwards RS

4 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Rye House's results were expunged, so at the end of the season his average reverted back to his starting figure for 2018 of 6.86

Sums up the farce of it all.....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, arnieg said:

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Sums up the farce of it all.....

Same rule that was used for Eddie Kennett & Kyle Newman last year and Matthew Wethers & Lee Complin this year

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Expunging results is and always has been standard practice if a club goes belly up has it not? 

Yeah - no question 

But now looking at at an average over 5 years old

Then you have Jackobsen where they decided not to use a genuine meeting meaning he retains an old average too

Not picking on Lynn - there will be others and all are far from ideal and leave a bad taste

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, no curve balls to the expected line-up. 

Whether or not this team will win enough both home & away, it should provide some entertainment with Jorgensen, Palm-Toft, Pickering & Jakobsen. 

A couple of gating tarts in Klindt & Kasprzak won't hurt either. 

A team that could go either way, but compared to the other teams (almost) completed so far, this isn't looking so bad. 

Wolverhampton look the worst team so far, 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

If MPT is present in person hope that he doesn't walk round the room to many times as it might aggravate his shoulder again :D

Tofty was there. He said he went to 5 different people to find the problem with his shoulder with no luck.The 6th one found the problem, fixed it and now it's fine. According to Tofty.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Wolverhampton look the worst team so far

Yep, I'd be seriously underwhelmed if a Wolves fan. The thing they do have though is a big home advantage and on that basis alone you'd fancy them for top four.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yeah - no question 

But now looking at at an average over 5 years old

Then you have Jackobsen where they decided not to use a genuine meeting meaning he retains an old average too

Not picking on Lynn - there will be others and all are far from ideal and leave a bad taste

After 1 league meeting Freddie will be on over a 7 and Picko will drop to reserve.I can see TJ riding there most of the season. Whoever it is we will have a very strong number 6 all season.

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

After 1 league meeting Freddie will be on over a 7 and Picko will drop to reserve.I can see TJ riding there most of the season. Whoever it is we will have a very strong number 6 all season.

Think you've just proved my farce comment....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Think you've just proved my farce comment....

I can see why peeps might be pissed off. He was on old kit last season as well, but has brand new for the UK in 23. He said his aim was to be Lynn number 1 by the end of the season. :blink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

End of the day, Jackobson will be a 6.00 rider, meaning someone like Jorgenson, MPT or even KK will drop to reserve, will be a dark horse IMO.

Freddie will be on over a 7 after his first league meeting. He averaged that last season but was 1 meeting short of getting the new average. With Picko dropping to reserve.Fred used old kit last season, but has new for the UK in 23.I think he can average 7 in the 1-5.

Edited by Bald Bloke

18 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep, I'd be seriously underwhelmed if a Wolves fan. The thing they do have though is a big home advantage and on that basis alone you'd fancy them for top four.

Exactly, but I don't believe Wolves fans feel like that. They seem pretty happy but, had any other track selected that as a septet it would be guaranteed bottom. 

Of the (almost) completed teams, I honestly believe 3rd is achievable 

1. Belle Vue

2. Leicester 

3. King's Lynn 

4. Sheffield 

5. Wolverhampton

Just feel the Ipswich & Peterborough septet's may just push us to 5th of there rumours are correct, although, Chris Holder can't ride for both :lol:

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Exactly, but I don't believe Wolves fans feel like that. They seem pretty happy but, had any other track selected that as a septet it would be guaranteed bottom. 

Of the (almost) completed teams, I honestly believe 3rd is achievable 

1. Belle Vue

2. Leicester 

3. King's Lynn 

4. Sheffield 

5. Wolverhampton

Just feel the Ipswich & Peterborough septet's may just push us to 5th of there rumours are correct, although, Chris Holder can't ride for both :lol:

I think Lynn depends on KK. Alex said he knows he can be frustrating, but he can also be very fast. Brady thinks KK can average 8 in this league. He also said 3 Prem teams spoke to him(KK) and it cost" a 5 figure sum beginning with a 2 to get him to Lynn"

It was nice to hear R.Lambert has immediate plans to improve himself on the World stage.And at some stage a little while into the future he has unfinished business with Lynn.Hopefully his homecoming will be before the age of what Kazprzak is now:lol:

I am unsure on the KK signing,whilst in the past he was such a rider that he could beat anyone by a straight,he could also lose by a straight.He needs to be into the 1st bend 1st or that could be it for him.If they could get his head on straight first,then maybe,just maybe.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Lynn depends on KK. Alex said he knows he can be frustrating, but he can also be very fast. Brady thinks KK can average 8 in this league. He also said 3 Prem teams spoke to him(KK) and it cost" a 5 figure sum beginning with a 2 to get him to Lynn"

.....for a 38 year old whose best days are most certainly behind him! I hope it works for you!

• Like 1