British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

3 minutes ago, MP78 said:

I disagree, with no GP involvement, I think Emil and AL will want to maximise their earnings

Who says they will not be in the GP series?

5 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Would be a decent side.

Works for me 

Any team needs to start with Klindt/S Lambert/Rowe - plus a decent no. 1 - ideally R Lambert and build from there. No one else from the current team really deserves another shot in the team.

Suspect we might see more from Breum - he looked pretty decent in a couple of matches but pants in the rest - so assume maybe carrying an injury - that said for a similar average Ben Cook would be a much better option

I'd have Wojdylo over Breum all day long. Both have had 4 home meetings and one 1 away. Not much i know, but one has averaged 1.88 and the other 5.60 .I think Ben Cook will have plenty of offers for next season. I'd certainly have him at Lynn.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Who says they will not be in the GP series?

The only route left this year for a 2024 spot is via a wildcard, but I guess this is unlikely with current FIM rulings… don’t know if this will be reviewed any time soon?

17 minutes ago, MP78 said:

The only route left this year for a 2024 spot is via a wildcard, but I guess this is unlikely with current FIM rulings… don’t know if this will be reviewed any time soon?

The GP series has been a financial disaster this year. The organisers are worried Zmarzlik will run away with it again next year.

I am told Emil and Artem will both get wildcards.

1 hour ago, BassoRacingFan said:

The GP series has been a financial disaster this year. The organisers are worried Zmarzlik will run away with it again next year.

I am told Emil and Artem will both get wildcards.

Giving away alot of information on those Fab lolly pop sticks these days or was it inside a kinder egg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 9/6/2023 at 9:47 AM, StarBoy said:

We shall see, only time will tell as they say. Could put Masters at 1 and have Douglas at 4

Listen to last week’s interview with Robert Lambert on the British Speedway Podcast.

He is 1 year into a 2 year contract with Smederna Eskilstuna, and whilst he did say he will speak to the club about ending his contract early, I would expect him to race for Smederna next year. 

We don’t yet know what is happening in British speedway next year, whether there will be a team at Kings Lynn, or indeed whether a Kings Lynn team will have teams to race again. 

What tracks are looking likely next year ? 

Belle Vue, Ipswich and Sheffield 

What tracks have question marks ?

Kings Lynn & Leicester 

Which tracks are highly unlikely to operate next year ?

Peterborough and Wolves 

That being said, it’s only early September. A lot can happen between now and March 2024.

6 minutes ago, Spidvej said:

What tracks have question marks ?

Kings Lynn & Leicester 

Which tracks are highly unlikely to operate next year ?

Peterborough and Wolves 

That being said, it’s only early September. A lot can happen between now and March 2024.

Buster seemed buoyant after the meeting on Monday in the bar,that Lynn will be racing next season and hopefully to have a better team/season in 2024.

25 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Buster seemed buoyant after the meeting on Monday in the bar,that Lynn will be racing next season and hopefully to have a better team/season in 2024.

Looking forward to seeing a King's Lynn 2024 thread up when the time is right. I can't see  next season being as bad as this one. It's been one thing after another this season. Plus Buster will hopefully be out of P/B one way or another, and maybe Lynn will see a new promoter with deep pockets;)

5 minutes ago, Rickyag said:

Buster is out of Peterborough, he`s took the silver coins from AEPG to feed his beloved KL, for us KL is the nearest track but will never visit that place while Chapman and Allitt are there so speedway will be coming to end for us so we will have to find another sport to go and watch.

Have you seen both teams ?

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rickyag said:

Yes and followed speedway since 1973 is that okay for you?

he`s took the silver coins from AEPG to feed his beloved KL,"

I didn't ask how long you had been following the sport, but it's absolutely okay with me. 1972 me, not that it makes any difference to this topic.. I don't know, but i take by your  comment, you are connected some way to the club and know this is fact. Judging by what people who are very close to this have said on this forum, Buster didn't have a choice whether to run next season or not.

Edit.. I take it that your answer  of a laughing  emoji says it all really :P

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1