British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Rumours Sky Sports are at present with a group of Lynn fans outside the AFA waiting to see which riders arrive to sign,  

Rumour has it Peter Odemwingie is trying to push through a last minute move to the Stars.

• Haha 3

On 8/18/2023 at 6:13 PM, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Ipswich have had three of the most naturally gifted riders in the last 30 years ride for them. Tony, Tomasz & Emil all have bags of natural talent & all managed to crack Foxhall in their first meeting. All adapted very quickly to the tighter more challenging uk circuits. 

while we no longer have the strength of the polish league the uk certainly sorts the wheat from the chaff. 

I have a feeling the current world champion wouldn’t fair very well over here.

Whilst I agree with your first 2 paragraphs, the last one is complete nonsense. Zmarzlik could pull wonders riding round a toilet seat and would cope just fine. 

For those comparing Laguta and Emil, Artem has always been very much a supreme gater and then take off type rider. Even in Poland it’s not often you see him charging from the back like Emil does, so it’s no surprise to see that same trend continue over to here. Both Artem and Emil are supremely talented but there is no doubt that Artem is less suited to some of the current tracks in the Premiership.

Watching Laguta round the likes of Somerset and Scunthorpe he would of been just fine, like he was at Kings Lynn, Belle Vue etc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Whilst I agree with your first 2 paragraphs, the last one is complete nonsense. Zmarzlik could pull wonders riding round a toilet seat and would cope just fine. 

For those comparing Laguta and Emil, Artem has always been very much a supreme gater and then take off type rider. Even in Poland it’s not often you see him charging from the back like Emil does, so it’s no surprise to see that same trend continue over to here. Both Artem and Emil are supremely talented but there is no doubt that Artem is less suited to some of the current tracks in the Premiership.

Watching Laguta round the likes of Somerset and Scunthorpe he would of been just fine, like he was at Kings Lynn, Belle Vue etc

And will be at the EoES given time. No doubt though that last night was incredibly disappointing. 

1 minute ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I see that we’re wasting Robert Lambert in heat 8 again tonight, who the hell thought having Klindt’s R/R at 2 was a good idea!? Unbelievable 

Maybe they don't think they have anyone else up to the task of out racing Danyon Hume :rolleyes:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Maybe they don't think they have anyone else up to the task of out racing Danyon Hume :rolleyes:

Surely the combinations of Robert/Mountain, Tofty/Mountain and Simon/Mountain or Rowe/Mountain are better than Breum and Mountain riding together 3 times!?… Breum should be 2, RR at 3 and Mountain 4

1 hour ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Surely the combinations of Robert/Mountain, Tofty/Mountain and Simon/Mountain or Rowe/Mountain are better than Breum and Mountain riding together 3 times!?… Breum should be 2, RR at 3 and Mountain 4

You may think so

I may think so

Anyone with any tactical nous at all would think that.

But ...

My proposed Lynn 1-7 for '24 if in Premiership (based on current averages)

1. R Lambert (7.81)

2. B Cook (5.52)

3. V Tarasenko (6.45)

4. R Douglas (6.83) / Sam Masters (7.61)

5. N Klindt (6.89)

6. S Lambert (4.25)

7. A Rowe (RS)

Total - 37.75 (38.53 with SM)

Assuming still based on 39.0 limit and AR can still have another year as RS. 

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

1. R Lambert (7.81)

2. B Cook (5.52)

3. V Tarasenko (6.45)

5. N Klindt (6.89)

6. S Lambert (4.25)

7. A Rowe (RS)

That would be my choice too but I can’t see Robert committing to a full season given his Polish and Swedish contracts

• Like 1

Would be a decent side.

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

1. R Lambert (7.81)

2. B Cook (5.52)

3. V Tarasenko (6.45)

5. N Klindt (6.89)

6. S Lambert (4.25)

7. A Rowe (RS)

Works for me 

Any team needs to start with Klindt/S Lambert/Rowe - plus a decent no. 1 - ideally R Lambert and build from there. No one else from the current team really deserves another shot in the team.

Suspect we might see more from Breum - he looked pretty decent in a couple of matches but pants in the rest - so assume maybe carrying an injury - that said for a similar average Ben Cook would be a much better option

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Peterborough have no rider assets,  so its silly to just assume there riders would just move to Lynn .

I'm not assuming their riders will. All I'm suggesting is if Lynn want to be competitive next season, this is the sort of make up of a team that should be assembled