British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

25 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Laguta is the same as a lot of the Poles who come over here, their brought up on big fast tracks that need no real skill or throttle control, just twist it wide open and hang on, him and Emil are certainly chalk and cheese.

I suspect given time he could probably crack the smaller circuits on his second or third visits (assuming the application was there) but while acknowledging that Sayfutdinov is a more skilled motorcyclist I would argue that riding Ipswich, Leicester and Wolves for the first time won't be easy for any rider who has only ever ridden big fast tracks. I would also argue that big tracks do need skill, just a different type of skillset. Just because you aren't required to turn hard doesn't mean a track isn't technically challenging.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I suspect given time he could probably crack the smaller circuits on his second or third visits (assuming the application was there) but while acknowledging that Sayfutdinov is a more skilled motorcyclist I would argue that riding Ipswich, Leicester and Wolves for the first time won't be easy for any rider who has only ever ridden big fast tracks. I would also argue that big tracks do need skill, just a different type of skillset. Just because you aren't required to turn hard doesn't mean a track isn't technically challenging.

Ipswich have had three of the most naturally gifted riders in the last 30 years ride for them. Tony, Tomasz & Emil all have bags of natural talent & all managed to crack Foxhall in their first meeting. All adapted very quickly to the tighter more challenging uk circuits. 

while we no longer have the strength of the polish league the uk certainly sorts the wheat from the chaff. 

I have a feeling the current world champion wouldn’t fair very well over here.

1 minute ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Ipswich have had three of the most naturally gifted riders in the last 30 years ride for them. Tony, Tomasz & Emil all have bags of natural talent & all managed to crack Foxhall in their first meeting. All adapted very quickly to the tighter more challenging uk circuits. 

while we no longer have the strength of the polish league the uk certainly sorts the wheat from the chaff. 

He'd be absolutely fine. Sure I read somewhere that he had a small track in his back garden when he was young which he did thousands of laps around.

57 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He'd be absolutely fine. Sure I read somewhere that he had a small track in his back garden when he was young which he did thousands of laps around.

No doubt about it. Quite possibly the best to ever throw their leg over a speedway bike. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I thought this when I saw the Riga which isn’t like any Ekstraliga track at the weekend and then he still went and won it anyway.

On 8/17/2023 at 8:53 PM, mikebv said:

If anything hwpoendls to Dan, can the Aces bring Robert in for the place offs?

Bringing him in last year to replace an injured rider, even though he was unattached, seemed to cause meltdown in some quarters...

I presume him replacing another rider in another team as a guest in the play offs must be "different", so perfectly acceptable to everyone..?:rolleyes: 

Absolutely, totally different situation

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So King's Lynn are 2 riders down Klindt/Jorgensen and possibly Breum.And Peterborough sign Laguta for Wojdylo wtf.3 riders down but we will carry on using guests from the Championship etc,what an absolute farce.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

So King's Lynn are 2 riders down Klindt/Jorgensen and possibly Breum.And Peterborough sign Laguta for Wojdylo wtf.3 riders down but we will carry on using guests from the Championship etc,what an absolute farce.

Someone has surely stepped in to finance Laguta at Peterborough, Buster cant be financing it or hes been telling you Lynn fans massive pork pies

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

But Peterborough fans have been non-stop complaining, that Lynn have made all the good signings & Peterborough left in the lurch. Seems Buster can't win, no matter what he does?

14 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Lewi and Adam will be replacing Sedgy and Cook at Leicester I’ve heard… Lynn will sign no one as the promoters clearly don’t care one bit

If they 'don't care one bit' why did they bother to sign Breum & Robert?

Referring to an earlier post of yours, you are right, the club has been left in the lurch this year.....but not by those currently in charge. 

• Like 3