British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Jakobsen's last meeting was the 12th, he'd notified the club the previous week it'd be his last meeting. Pickering was injured in May & never returning. All done under the guidance of Brady. 

Jakobsen & Pickering weren't in the budget when Buster made that statement. 

Buster's budget concerns are with Laguta (expensive) & Klindt (no delivering), both on guarantees

That's interesting. Was this good info.? I have it different from someone as close as you can get.  2 hours after that meeting on the 12th..

And i can quote this part of the conversation.  

"And one more thing, of the 8 riders (including Picko) we have, only 1 has not called or text me since I announced to them I was going, and that’s Fred. 

So IF he has decided to go, I know absolutely nothing about it"

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Jakobsen's last meeting was the 12th, he'd notified the club the previous week it'd be his last meeting. Pickering was injured in May & never returning. All done under the guidance of Brady. 

Jakobsen & Pickering weren't in the budget when Buster made that statement. 

Buster's budget concerns are with Laguta (expensive) & Klindt (no delivering), both on guarantees

Hmmmm ok and I appreciate you might be ITK but seems planned to me that Buster comes out and says 'we are over budget' and then two riders leave/sign elsewhere. Lambert will be considerably cheaper than Jakobsen and Pickering would have been on a fair bit more than Jorgensen had he talken his place.

Brady has said the Laguta money was ring fenced and I'd also say that not everything Mr Chapman states should necessarily be believed.

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Hmmmm ok and I appreciate you might be ITK but seems planned to me that Buster comes out and says 'we are over budget' and then two riders leave/sign elsewhere. Lambert will be considerably cheaper than Jakobsen and Pickering would have been on a fair bit more than Jorgensen had he talken his place.

Brady has said the Laguta money was ring fenced and I'd also say that not everything Mr Chapman states should necessarily be believed.

Read what Bald Bloke has said above and take Daniel Smith's information with a pinch of salt.As BB said his information has come from someone as close as you can get.

25 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Read what Bald Bloke has said above and take Daniel Smith's information with a pinch of salt.As BB said his information has come from someone as close as you can get.

I'm not saying that all  the info Danial is getting is incorrect. It's no secret, i can say that mine came from Alex himself.

19 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm not saying that all  the info Danial is getting is incorrect. It's no secret, i can say that mine came from Alex himself.

I should have highlighted the Jakobsen bit:D

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

One for your programme already, Ben Barker in the 1-7 against Ipswich on Thursday replacing TJ

Having had a spell at Foxhole, he should have a bit of knowledge of the place, where he would be likely to score more than TJ.
It depends which Ben Barker turns up. 

23 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Having had a spell at Foxhole, he should have a bit of knowledge of the place, where he would be likely to score more than TJ.
It depends which Ben Barker turns up. 

The meetings at the AFA live on BSN

Edited by scoobydoo

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

How much more bad luck can King's Lynn have this year.

Get well soon Thomas, and fingers crossed that surgery isn't required.  

Explain?? 

Let's be real here, Pickering, Jorgensen & Palm-Toft have suffered injuries but at the same time, they've all been pretty s#!te prior. 

King's Lynn are where they deserve to be. The injuries haven't really taken anything away from the season 

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Explain?? 

Let's be real here, Pickering, Jorgensen & Palm-Toft have suffered injuries but at the same time, they've all been pretty s#!te prior. 

King's Lynn are where they deserve to be. The injuries haven't really taken anything away from the season 

MPT's injury has caused Lynn problems.He was just looking more like himself when he got hurt.The guests we have had for him haven't scored like he would have done for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, tellboy said:

MPT's injury has caused Lynn problems.He was just looking more like himself when he got hurt.The guests we have had for him haven't scored like he would have done for sure.

MPT is the only one, but it's certainly hasn't been a cause for an extremely poor season. Nobody wishes injury on anyone but the whole season people have wanted rid of Jorgensen. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

MPT is the only one, but it's certainly hasn't been a cause for an extremely poor season. Nobody wishes injury on anyone but the whole season people have wanted rid of Jorgensen. 

Agree re Jorgensen,been awful again and needs getting rid of.He just doesn't seem to add anything to the Lynn team whatsoever.

• Like 2