British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

3 hours ago, proud panther said:

Why is it crap ? Profit margins on food & drink are huge, especially at the ridiculously high prices charged. Not sure why MT has been mentioned, & I hope all speedway clubs run next season.

"Of course he will keep Kings Lynn going, he makes a fortune out of the sh@t beer & burgers."

"Very high profit margin for a very poor product. Fortune probably isn't the best word to use to be fair to you."

Sh!t beer and fortune. You almost answered it yourself, see above. There might be a high profit margin on food and drink, but with our low crowds, you have to sell them to make a profit. Selling burgers and "sh!t" beer won't pay for much more than 2 points out of 45 or so.  

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 hours ago, proud panther said:

Very high profit margin for a very poor product. Fortune probably isn't the best word to use to be fair to you.

I think you're referring to Peterborough here surely - undoubtedly the most expensive and poor quality food outlet across British Speedway I've come across.  The stuff served up at Lynn is ok by comparison - the best quality/value I've had is at Ipswich - but the speedway club don't get any of those profits/receipts.

• Like 3

Jumping in; friends recently saw Rod Stewart & The Who at Craven Park, Hull, yes last venue of Hull Vikings, and a tray of chips - just chips, mind - was around £9 :o....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

Jumping in; friends recently saw Rod Stewart & The Who at Craven Park, Hull, yes last venue of Hull Vikings, and a tray of chips - just chips, mind - was around £9 :o....

see people like living in the past, and eating in the future.:rofl:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Sounds like it's a simple matter of reverting to Kasprzak instead of Laguta. 

Also, this whole saga, including the Peterborough one, has probably demonstrated that 6 teams is the only feasible number for the Premier league

KK has a broken leg does he not?

Also if Buster is making a 'fortune' from crap beer and food then that's great business acumen!

• Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 10:49 PM, ArtemFan said:

I believe the reality is that Brady was happy with the financial situation he left behind. However this was based on larger attendances. Apparently Lynn need approx 900 fans to break even based on their current commitments, so i guess anything less is what's causing Buster to suggest they are over budget.

Brady quitting for personal reasons couldn't be helped but unfortunately one thing he has to take responsibility for is that he built an extremely poor team at the start of the season and now Lynn are paying the price for it.

When they come back to tapes, i expect there will be at least one rider change which will reduce the cost of the team.

Is that from a good source, or peoples maths on here ?.

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Sounds like it's a simple matter of reverting to Kasprzak instead of Laguta. 

Also, this whole saga, including the Peterborough one, has probably demonstrated that 6 teams is the only feasible number for the Premier league

It'll be a championship rider replacing Laguta.

Wouldn't be shocked if it was one of Castagna, Mountain or Heeps.

I’m expecting Laguta to go and we’ll use guests due to “special dispensation” or “best interests of the sport”. Something of that ilk.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see someone like Barker replace Thomson to “strengthen” the side. 

Christ, it’s depressing being a Stars fan at times.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

"Of course he will keep Kings Lynn going, he makes a fortune out of the sh@t beer & burgers."

"Very high profit margin for a very poor product. Fortune probably isn't the best word to use to be fair to you."

Sh!t beer and fortune. You almost answered it yourself, see above. There might be a high profit margin on food and drink, but with our low crowds, you have to sell them to make a profit. Selling burgers and "sh!t" beer won't pay for much more than 2 points out of 45 or so.  

With respect, I have been in the fast food business for 35 years, & it would pay for a lot more than 2 points. You seem to have a problem with anything anti Buster, & conveniently didn't respond to my other replies I mentioned.

7 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I think you're referring to Peterborough here surely - undoubtedly the most expensive and poor quality food outlet across British Speedway I've come across.  The stuff served up at Lynn is ok by comparison - the best quality/value I've had is at Ipswich - but the speedway club don't get any of those profits/receipts.

I think most speedway food is very poor value, & agree Peterborough is amongst the worst. The point I was trying to make was if Lynn closed, Buster wouldn't get any revenue from the food & drink outlets.

On 7/10/2023 at 10:49 PM, ArtemFan said:

I believe the reality is that Brady was happy with the financial situation he left behind. However this was based on larger attendances. Apparently Lynn need approx 900 fans to break even based on their current commitments, so i guess anything less is what's causing Buster to suggest they are over budget.

Brady quitting for personal reasons couldn't be helped but unfortunately one thing he has to take responsibility for is that he built an extremely poor team at the start of the season and now Lynn are paying the price for it.

When they come back to tapes, i expect there will be at least one rider change which will reduce the cost of the team.

It's nonsense to say quitting couldn't be helped, he had a choice, has he quit is other business too?  He may have had to scale back team management, but he should of fulfilled his duty to run the club until the end of the season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

It's nonsense to say quitting couldn't be helped, he had a choice, has he quit is other business too?  He may have had to scale back team management, but he should of fulfilled his duty to run the club until the end of the season. 

I see one of your interests is family?

Brady made a choice and put family before Speedway, if you knew the circumstances i'm sure you would have made the same decision.

28 minutes ago, proud panther said:

With respect, I have been in the fast food business for 35 years, & it would pay for a lot more than 2 points. You seem to have a problem with anything anti Buster, & conveniently didn't respond to my other replies I mentioned.

Not at all. The way it came across to me was that you was taking the pee at a difficult time for the club..Of course he wouldn’t sell any if he closed down.. Remind me of those replies,and I’ll do my best.