British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2023

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Utter Farce if hes allowed to do that , also means all teams will be able to sign riders just for home matches in the future 

Didnt BV get told no to Woffinden doing this , 

I can understand that Buster needs to cut the wage bill, to carry on until the end of the season. And if it's true that Artem isn't riding at Wolves, you might get away with a cert for 1 meeting, but you can't keep producing them for every away meeting, if that ends up being the case. No facility either it it goes on after the Wolves meeting.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I can understand that Buster needs to cut the wage bill, to carry on until the end of the season. And if it's true that Artem isn't riding at Wolves, you might get away with a cert for 1 meeting, but you can't keep producing them for every away meeting, if that ends up being the case. No facility either it it goes on after the Wolves meeting.

The problem is if it's Lynn who release Laguta, he may have written in his contract that he is due some severance payment, which will cost Buster a hell of a lot more upfront. If Buster needs to cut costs he may need Laguta to walk away himself which is unlikely given he's on a guaranteed £X per meeting.

9 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Emil perhaps but think Doyle would've turned out had it not been for rearranged Pllish fixture

Emil also has a massively important match on Friday for Torun, so I’m assuming will be attending training/practice on Thursday. You can’t fault his commitment so far to Ipswich and had it been a league match I’m sure he would of been riding.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Medical certificates will cover away meetings, there's nothing the BSPL could do about it to be honest. 

I still don't see this happening though

You honestly think they can get away with that.  Even for Speedway that would be ridiculous.  If he's fit for the next home meeting then that's where it ends. 

51 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

You honestly think they can get away with that.  Even for Speedway that would be ridiculous.  If he's fit for the next home meeting then that's where it ends. 

No, you just get another medical certificate for the next away meeting & so on & so on. You can't stop it. 

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

No, you just get another medical certificate for the next away meeting & so on & so on. You can't stop it. 

They've probably all already been written and signed and dated for the rest of the season and kept in Buster Chapman's safe

Morning update;

Laguta's been let go due to club costs & Buster will operate in the same manner as Peterborough in R/R & guests at No1 to save money as guests are cheaper than a replacement. 

This could also see Tarasenko leave Peterborough as he was splitting costs with Laguta.

@Flappy @Phil The Ace

Do your work guys as I don't believe this. Things are getting totally nuts 

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Morning update;

Laguta's been let go due to club costs & Buster will operate in the same manner as Peterborough in R/R & guests at No1 to save money as guests are cheaper than a replacement. 

This could also see Tarasenko leave Peterborough as he was splitting costs with Laguta.

@Flappy @Phil The Ace

Would not surprise me.  Buster needs to let the people that want to run these clubs do so 

33 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Morning update;

@Flappy @Phil The Ace

They were sharing a base etc. but things won’t change. Laguta apparently was never going to wolves or Ipswich or Leicester 

23 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Would not surprise me.  Buster needs to let the people that want to run these clubs do so 

Be careful what you wish for

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

They were sharing a base etc. but things won’t change. Laguta apparently was never going to wolves or Ipswich or Leicester 

So only wanted to ride the four 'big' tracks? Wonder if that was him or Wroclaw who decided that. 

5 hours ago, Najjer said:

Emil also has a massively important match on Friday for Torun, so I’m assuming will be attending training/practice on Thursday. You can’t fault his commitment so far to Ipswich and had it been a league match I’m sure he would of been riding.

So it's the riders now who decide which meetings are "important"?

16 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Buster 

Not so sure. Buster honoured to pay what he was on. Probably because he knew he agreed to only do big tracks 

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

So it's the riders now who decide which meetings are "important"?

More “safe” than important. Which I don’t agree with at all. I think all our tracks are safe 

• Like 1