British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Gladiators 2023

5 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Agreed, injuries and machinery issues have plagued him but at Plymouth especially he's a very good rider. Hope he can stay fit and bring good equipment to the table.

I'd love to be wrong, but the words, leopard and spots spring to mind

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Might be a bit costly but with ALL home based 1-6 surely got to be worth a punt on Kelleher on that average.

Track Record holder in 2021, some outstanding home form and will have ridden almost all of the tracks at least once.

You'd back him to put points on that average and he was as least as good as Z Cook and Ruml in that 2021 Team, and if either of those were starting at 6 in 2023 the vibe would be massively positive! 

No brainer in my opinion.

If you think he's that good you can have him at Birmingham.  Lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

For the love of god, no! He's bang average at Plymouth and crap away. We should be nowhere near him if we have aspirations.

Roynon would be good at Plymouth but I worry about his injuries which puts you back at square one. A new 4 pointer would be good but I imagine the promotion are looking to keep costs down hence going all British so far.

He averaged about 5.5 in the home meetings and that was riding in the team,  he would surely score more at reserve.  Sounds good to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

For the love of god, no! He's bang average at Plymouth and crap away. We should be nowhere near him if we have aspirations.

Don't think Zane Keleher was bang average at Plymouth, he was the track record holder. He was better than Dillon Rmul and Zack Cook in 2021 and they kicked on in their second season.

Away he was seeing everywhere for the first time.

He looked good when I saw him but you obviously saw more of him.

4 points to find someone not many options. Gamble on someone who failed to attain a 4pt average or a newcomer 

22 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Don't think Zane Keleher was bang average at Plymouth, he was the track record holder. He was better than Dillon Rmul and Zack Cook in 2021 and they kicked on in their second season.

4 points to find someone not many options. Gamble on someone who failed to attain a 4pt average or a newcomer 

When he rode for Poole he got (at Poole) 1 and 4+2. Then after he got sacked came back and punished us with scores of 0 and 1. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

He was never bang average.

He had one good month then for the rest of the season was woeful. [35 points from 44 rides in his last 12 matche for Plymouth,, never scoring more than 5]

Edited by arnieg

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

...and the moral of this story - as I said at the time - is 'Don't cross the Boss'!!;)

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

When he rode for Poole he got (at Poole) 1 and 4+2. Then after he got sacked came back and punished us with scores of 0 and 1. 

You both conveniently forgot to mention when he rode against Poole at Plymouth he scored 6+2. As for don't cross the boss,what a load of bulls***,2 sides to every coin and all that,we all know about the cliques at Poole,but it's not my place to say what the reasons for him departing Poole other than I think he was more than happy to getaway. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lewy said:

You both conveniently forgot to mention when he rode against Poole at Plymouth he scored 6+2. As for don't cross the boss,what a load of bulls***,2 sides to every coin and all that,we all know about the cliques at Poole,but it's not my place to say what the reasons for him departing Poole other than I think he was more than happy to getaway. 

Yeah I was just doing the WR scores as I was replying to 'he only saw other tracks one time so would be better now' but he saw Poole 4 times and didn't improve.

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah I was just doing the WR scores as I was replying to 'he only saw other tracks one time so would be better now' but he saw Poole 4 times and didn't improve.

Agree with you Lisa, some riders just don't like or get on very well at some tracks, Nicholls belle Vue, masters scunthorpe, Ablitt everywhere, but in a reserve berth with a 4.20 average which was obtained riding in the main body of the team keleher could prove to be very competitive, only better reserve so far named is zaine Kennedy at scunthorpe.  Poole will have zach cook in the main body with an average only slightly higher than keleher which  he got riding at reserve for most of the season, so imo if anyone signs him as a reserve it wouldn't be a bad option. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Agree with you Lisa, some riders just don't like or get on very well at some tracks, Nicholls belle Vue, masters scunthorpe, Ablitt everywhere, but in a reserve berth with a 4.20 average which was obtained riding in the main body of the team keleher could prove to be very competitive, only better reserve so far named is zaine Kennedy at scunthorpe.  Poole will have zach cook in the main body with an average only slightly higher than keleher which  he got riding at reserve for most of the season, so imo if anyone signs him as a reserve it wouldn't be a bad option. 

Garry had better sign him then and he'll make sure there are no gaps in the contract too!!

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Sounds like a done deal then eh!?

6 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Tbf I don’t think torpoint fan saw him at all in 2021, he lives in the midlands . Hasn’t been to Plymouth for years .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Zane Keleher was certainly entertaining on track in '21. On the strength of that & with his average fitting he would be worth a team place in '23.

HOWEVER I know nothing how he is as a team player or his off track antics all to be taken into consideration!

19 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

So what did keleher do to fall out with the Poole promotion? This gets mentioned frequently but I’ve never seen an alleged reason. 

Unless you knew what was happening when it was happening I don't think you'll ever know! I didn't realise there was a problem til he was sacked. But apparently neither party will talk about it. 

I think the only thing that was said at the time (maybe by Poole fans on here not the Poole management) they were worried about it potentially affecting team spirit. And Poole regard team spirit very important so I can see that being a deal breaker if they thought it was going to be under threat imo.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Unless you knew what was happening when it was happening I don't think you'll ever know! I didn't realise there was a problem til he was sacked. But apparently neither party will talk about it. 

I think the only thing that was said at the time (maybe by Poole fans on here not the Poole management) they were worried about it potentially affecting team spirit. And Poole regard team spirit very important so I can see that being a deal breaker if they thought it was going to be under threat imo.

Thanks for the reply Lisa. Much appreciated  sounds serious. 

• Like 1