British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Gladiators 2023

32 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Ablitt got 42+18 in all Poole meetings.

Thanks, I clearly said in my post in the league ! This wasn't meant in anyway to knock Ablitt i was merely using him of an example that a team can still be successful with a low scoring 2pt reserve.Poole had at least 38meetings in total so 42 in 38 meetings. 

Edited by lewy

13 minutes ago, lewy said:

My sentiments exactly,maybe a sign that Poole have no future beyond 2023.

Because we don't keep a two pointer?? Hell of a jump there!  Maybe if we started selling off all our assets you may have a point. Also rumours of us riding in Prem 2024. So we will see. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I am disappointed especially as Danny Ford said in the paper he was one for the future.

I thought he said at the start of the season that Nathan was 'a long term project'! Bearing in mind Pooles history of making mid season changes, maybe 'long term' meant for the whole season? 

Sorry to keep on about Poole on the Plymouth thread but Lewy brought it up!:t:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I thought he said at the start of the season that Nathan was 'a long term project'! Bearing in mind Pooles history of making mid season changes, maybe 'long term' meant for the whole season? 

Sorry to keep on about Poole on the Plymouth thread but Lewy brought it up!:t:

No your not, yes I did. Goodnight :t:

15 hours ago, lewy said:

If Ben Trigger is in Plymouths team at least you would have a local lad who is willing to listen  and learn,and will pick up the odd point or 2 just by the fact he doesn't fall off alot and he's a good gater,I know Ben and his father there will be no tantrums and sulking and bad mouthing the manager and promoter from Lee,Ben's father. They will treat it as an opportunity for track time and experience no expectation to be anything more than a no7 but unlike  Poole who to their credit stayed loyal to Ablitt and  imo could have cashed in on his experience gained last season and he would have upped his 2pt average this season i believe Plymouth will see ben as a long term project. Also the make up of the rest of the team will obviously dictate who you have at reserve anyway. Atkins, McGurk both had higher expectations than there abilities imo.Ablitt scored less than 20pts and didn't win a race in the league last season I think and Poole done ok.

Atkins was riddled with errors from early season mostly due to over riding, higher personal expectations and even higher parental expectations.  McGurk was always going to struggle away from Belle Vue. Trigger certainly has talent but focus is questionable and temprement is a big question mark if stepping up a level and would desperately need a NDL place as well as any CL racing.