British Speedway Forum

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

13 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

6 year old average will be reassessed for sure, if not we’ll have Tai back on a 7 point average

Maybe Wozniak will be re-assessed but not a GP rider and unlikely to ever make the Polish SWC team so wouldn't be 7.5 I wouldn't think, Woffinden won't return to British League racing.

1 hour ago, Col said:

I wouldn't think, Woffinden won't return to British League racing.

I can't work that one out, will he or won't he? Personally i don't think he will, he's often mentioned he doesn't like British tracks... which says a lot about his current performances imo

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I can't work that one out, will he or won't he? Personally i don't think he will, he's often mentioned he doesn't like British tracks... which says a lot about his current performances imo

It does doesn't it? If the money was on England regardless of the tracks he would still be here. He goes where the money and I don't blame him. But look at Doyle this year, made a mockery of this league beating everyone in his path. He must have made a few quid and regained his confidence 

• Like 1

It's pretty obvious from his GP efforts that Woffinden is adverse to taking a risk these days, he said at the Peter Craven memorial at the start of the season he'd sign for Belle Vue if he only had to ride home meetings.  A fairly unrealistic position, but maybe that's what he did for Esbjerg - don't know don't follow the Danish league.  Perhaps he feels British track are unsafe - Owlerton is certainly intimidating with it's high speeds and narrow track.  Couldn't comment on the others - never been to Foxhall or Saddlebow Rd, can't imagine he'd feel that wat about EoESg.  And it doesn't explain why he doesn't participate in the British final.

Anyway back to Lions 2023, what average would Woźniak be considered a valuable signing on if he wouldn't return on his 2016 5.91 figure?  Musielak averaged 8.30 for all matches in 2022 and has a rolling GSA of 7.91.  Wozniak is considered a better rider by Polish teams but Musielak has far more experience in Britain.  Musielak didn't ride in Elitserien so there is no way to compare them, but I'd think Woźniak would at least match what Musielak did over the course of a season.

1 hour ago, Col said:

It's pretty obvious from his GP efforts that Woffinden is adverse to taking a risk these days, he said at the Peter Craven memorial at the start of the season he'd sign for Belle Vue if he only had to ride home meetings.  A fairly unrealistic position, but maybe that's what he did for Esbjerg - don't know don't follow the Danish league.  Perhaps he feels British track are unsafe - Owlerton is certainly intimidating with it's high speeds and narrow track.  Couldn't comment on the others - never been to Foxhall or Saddlebow Rd, can't imagine he'd feel that wat about EoESg.  And it doesn't explain why he doesn't participate in the British final.

Anyway back to Lions 2023, what average would Woźniak be considered a valuable signing on if he wouldn't return on his 2016 5.91 figure?  Musielak averaged 8.30 for all matches in 2022 and has a rolling GSA of 7.91.  Wozniak is considered a better rider by Polish teams but Musielak has far more experience in Britain.  Musielak didn't ride in Elitserien so there is no way to compare them, but I'd think Woźniak would at least match what Musielak did over the course of a season.

Good point. Haven't got a clue about his average and now they work it out. He would be worth the risk and I'm not sure but speedway stats says his parent club is Leicester? Is that true?

The only club I believe Woźniak has ride for in GB is the Lions, can't imagine he is an "asset" of any other club but could be wrong.

I think Woźniak would be a strong third heat leader, maybe even second heat leader.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of Stal Gorow therefore Wozniak is high on my list of riders I like. He is a much better rider than Musielak in Poland (another rider I like) BUT Musielak seems to have a better grips of British tracks, something Wozniak seems to struggle with, as seen by his showing at Glasgow at the GP Challenge (Although on a terrible track on the day)

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the last 12 pages but what was Vaculiks stint with Leicester like? Was he well liked? Did he leave on bad terms? He's the number 1 target Leicester should have IMO... One of the top 5 in the world if you ask me, just needs to stop getting injured and he could challenge for world championship medals.

31 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the last 12 pages but what was Vaculiks stint with Leicester like?

Not sure he ever completed a fixture, got injured on his first appearance (at Purfleet) and never returned! 

5 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I'm a big fan of Stal Gorow therefore Wozniak is high on my list of riders I like. He is a much better rider than Musielak in Poland (another rider I like) BUT Musielak seems to have a better grips of British tracks, something Wozniak seems to struggle with, as seen by his showing at Glasgow at the GP Challenge (Although on a terrible track on the day)

It really wasn't.

19 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the last 12 pages but what was Vaculiks stint with Leicester like? Was he well liked? Did he leave on bad terms? He's the number 1 target Leicester should have IMO... One of the top 5 in the world if you ask me, just needs to stop getting injured and he could challenge for world championship medals.

Still having a go at the Glasgow track I see.It was fine on the day just the riders forgot how to ride a decent track.

On 10/22/2022 at 7:22 PM, Col said:

The only club I believe Woźniak has ride for in GB is the Lions, can't imagine he is an "asset" of any other club but could be wrong.

I think Woźniak would be a strong third heat leader, maybe even second heat leader.

Didnt he ride for Coventry at one point?