British Speedway Forum

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

So what are Lions hoping for?

1. B Kurtz 8.24
2. R Worrall 6.15 (=6.31/1.025)    
3. K Pieszczek (can't find an average for him)
4. S Woźniak 5.91 (2016 GSA)
5. C Harris 7.40 (=7.59/1.025)
6. D Thompson 3.00 (??)
7. C Mountain 4.40 (=4.51/1.025, or do the RS's get some other discounted average?)

4 hours ago, Col said:

So what are Lions hoping for?

1. B Kurtz 8.24
2. R Worrall 6.15 (=6.31/1.025)    
3. K Pieszczek (can't find an average for him)
4. S Woźniak 5.91 (2016 GSA)
5. C Harris 7.40 (=7.59/1.025)
6. D Thompson 3.00 (??)
7. C Mountain 4.40 (=4.51/1.025, or do the RS's get some other discounted average?)

Guaranteed top six finish with that line up.

• Haha 3

I'd like to see the Cook brothers at Leicester, they'd be wasting their time, treading water down in the CL... maybe offer them a contact before the CL pay offs this coming Friday? Some exchange deal with Joe Thompson & Max Clegg maybe?

• Haha 2

On 10/15/2022 at 12:14 PM, iainb said:

I'd like to see the Cook brothers at Leicester, they'd be wasting their time, treading water down in the CL... maybe offer them a contact before the CL pay offs this coming Friday? Some exchange deal with Joe Thompson & Max Clegg maybe?

I thought we were talking about Leicester not Glasgow :rofl:

I wonder what team Leicester will put out. Been scratching my head for a few weeks and things will change next year for sure. Was speaking to a few fans last week and there was a few names they would like back. Nick Morris is one for sure. Richie Worrall would be a strong choice as well. Connor Mountain makes sense . A few fans also wanted Kim Nillson back. Harris was a obvious name but unsure if he would be a good enough heat leader for the lions. Would be nice to see a few riders from abroad make the jump. I'd love a change with Jacobsen or Lambert to sign but who knows! Anyone got any ideas or thoughts?

24 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I wonder what team Leicester will put out. Been scratching my head for a few weeks and things will change next year for sure. Was speaking to a few fans last week and there was a few names they would like back. Nick Morris is one for sure. Richie Worrall would be a strong choice as well. Connor Mountain makes sense . A few fans also wanted Kim Nillson back. Harris was a obvious name but unsure if he would be a good enough heat leader for the lions. Would be nice to see a few riders from abroad make the jump. I'd love a change with Jacobsen or Lambert to sign but who knows! Anyone got any ideas or thoughts?

It is rumoured that Bomber has already signed for the Lions.

23 hours ago, Skodaman said:

It is rumoured that Bomber has already signed for the Lions.

As a number 4 it’d be a good punt but not as a heat leader I don’t think. I always wanted him at Leicester but I don’t think he’d be consistent enough for heat leader starting off. I mean if it is true hopefully I’ll be completely wrong!

7 hours ago, Col said:

It's actually 5.91, from his 2016 stint with the Lions.

Definitely agree with this. In fact I’d take an exciting team over hard experience, I think this season in the championship has been so lacking of real excitement, apart from Poole it’s almost been a foregone conclusion (results wise, racing has been excellent at times and good generally).

54 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

As a number 4 it’d be a good punt but not as a heat leader I don’t think. I always wanted him at Leicester but I don’t think he’d be consistent enough for heat leader starting off. I mean if it is true hopefully I’ll be completely wrong!

Harris is top 10 in the Premiership averages, but isn't good enough to be a heat leader. Haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40-38 said:

Harris is No1 in the Peterborough averages this year.How you can work out to get him as aNo4 in your Team is fanciful to say the least.He has been aHeat leader in GB for at least the last decade and the standard is being diluted every season.Still dream on.

54 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Harris is No1 in the Peterborough averages this year.How you can work out to get him as aNo4 in your Team is fanciful to say the least.He has been aHeat leader in GB for at least the last decade and the standard is being diluted every season.Still dream on.

He had a stint at reserve in 2021!