British Speedway Forum

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

52 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

I  think you will find potentially a young riders father could be the new promoter

That was my assumption, as supposedly he's fairly wealthy. You have to be to throw money away at speedway after all. 

• 3 weeks later...

According to the SGB website, Dickson will team manage at both Leicester and Berwick next year, which would suggest the clubs will be in the Premiership and Championship respectively. Stewart took a lot of stick for the Lions falling off a cliff this season, but I still believe he is the right man for the club and obviously has the backing of the new owner/s (whoever that is).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

According to the SGB website, Dickson will team manage at both Leicester and Berwick next year, which would suggest the clubs will be in the Premiership and Championship respectively. Stewart took a lot of stick for the Lions falling off a cliff this season, but I still believe he is the right man for the club and obviously has the backing of the new owner/s (whoever that is).

I still think he is the right man for leicester . He dropped a clanger last year but he gets more right than wrong for sure 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

That, also, might suggest that Birmingham are moving into the premier. 

47 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

He will get it right with this team next season 

fricke masters Douglas Becker Lawson kerr

real good team he’s putting together 

I'll have some of that, hope you're right! If my sums are correct, that brings the team total to 42.3 points for the top six. Assuming the usual 2.5% team building reduction for Brits, that brings the total down to 42 points, which is what some have mentioned being the new limit. What could go wrong!

21 hours ago, justathought said:

That, also, might suggest that Birmingham are moving into the premier. 

Birmingham have said they are 80% confident of running next year. And it'll be Mondays in the Premiership. Mondays are the only day the stadium/greyhound owners will allow speedway next year.