British Speedway Forum

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

On 8/29/2023 at 6:34 PM, Skidder1 said:

visa issue apparently

Thanks for the info, hope he gets it sorted for next season.

5 hours ago, iainb said:

When Lions don't make the pay offs, I wonder whether we'll see a Jubilee Trophy Final :D

We might even get Glasgow back on board for the originally promised three way final.

Then again, pigs might fly.

• Haha 1

Assuming there are still multiple leagues next year, I wonder if Leicester will be seeking a move back into the CL? Part of the reasoning in moving up was the local derby aspect, Peterborough & Wolverhampton will be gone and there'll also be new owners in place

24 minutes ago, iainb said:

Assuming there are still multiple leagues next year, I wonder if Leicester will be seeking a move back into the CL? Part of the reasoning in moving up was the local derby aspect, Peterborough & Wolverhampton will be gone and there'll also be new owners in place

I think we would move back down. Don't think Thursdays are bad but there were more negatives to moving up rather than staying in the championship IMO. Let's see if there is a person that will take it on first as its gone rather quiet. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LionsFan said:

I heard a couple of weeks ago that there were approx seven interested parties including someone already associated with the club. Don't know anymore than that.

It couldn't be the landlord, could it?

Or is he still banned by the SCB for his previous misdemeanors?

1 hour ago, Hamish McRaker said:

It couldn't be the landlord, could it?

Or is he still banned by the SCB for his previous misdemeanors?

I've spoken him a few times a month or so ago and didn't seem to be interested in buying the licence. But things can change

Edited by DiveBomb
Spelling

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Expell the Lions from the play offs ;):P

They are expelling themselves.
A piece at a time 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 40-38 said:

Have we got definite that one is Worrall? Before I round up the lynch mob, etc. if it is true then he’s a bigger bellend than Morris.

Unfortunately, one rider from each team produced a non-negative result on their test, and they were therefore excluded from the event.

Neither Worrall or Boxall are riding.

• Sad 1