British Speedway Forum

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

25 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

I’m sure they said Musielak would be missing on Saturday on BSN.

Sheffield do seem determined to use Connor Mountain instead of one of their big hitters at Leicester and allow both teams to qualify for the Pay Offs

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, iainb said:

Sheffield do seem determined to use Connor Mountain instead of one of their big hitters at Leicester and allow both teams to qualify for the Pay Offs

West Germany v Austria...

1982 World Cup Finals..

Cough! Cough!..

Move along now please, nothing to see here..:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

2nd or 3rd in the league is best so u dont meet Belle Vue in the semi final ...

But it does’t work like that. 

Top doesn’t meet 4th . Top team gets to choose who they want to race in the semi final.

IF Leicester make it I think they will pick Leicester 

11 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Top doesn’t meet 4th . Top team gets to choose who they want to race in the semi final.

No you are wrong,it is 1st v 4th and 2nd v 3rd. The highest placed teams get to choose whether they ride at home or away first.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

No you are wrong,it is 1st v 4th and 2nd v 3rd. The highest placed teams get to choose whether they ride at home or away first.

Yes, the team finishing top used to get the choice of opponent, which I've always thought was a great idea. I guess therefore that's why they simply had to change it.

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

West Germany v Austria...

1982 World Cup Finals..

Cough! Cough!..

Move along now please, nothing to see here..:D

I don't know what you mean that was the erm best 0-0 draw ever until the start whistle went!

Well the teams are named for tomorrows match!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

9 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

1st meet 4th ...2nd meet 3rd .....thats why u dont want to be 4th and meet Belle Vue who look like being top ...

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

1st meet 4th ...2nd meet 3rd .....thats why u dont want to be 4th and meet Belle Vue who look like being top ...

Not sure I fear BV any more than the others, I’d perhaps sooner them than Wolves given how they ran us ragged at home last week.

14 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Either  one will be hard to beat on aggregate unless u bring someone in ....

I think the truth of the matter is we're now a 5th place club with the loss of Morris's points ability at home, we may sneak into the pay offs but like you say unless those missing points are replaced we'll be straight out

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

I think the truth of the matter is we're now a 5th place club with the loss of Morris's points ability at home, we may sneak into the pay offs but like you say unless those missing points are replaced we'll be straight out

Yeah ..u do look weaker  than before ...Cook isnt the rider he was ...ok at number  6 but thats all...

57 minutes ago, iainb said:

Don't suppose we can redeclare with R/R can we?

I’ve been very supportive of Dickson this season and his ruthless team changes and his proactive winning mentality. The Morris situation was a real curve ball and required a quick response. Cannot criticise the Batchelor appointment at the time in view of alternative options. The recent double change ditching Bomber and bringing in Cook however is difficult to defend. There is a reason why Batch & Cook had yet to be offered a team place at this level before now and now Dickson knows why. Dickson is a winner and he is no doubt frantically looking at one final team change for the run in. It’s no good scraping into the play offs if you can’t even win at home.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

I’ve been very supportive of Dickson this season and his ruthless team changes and his proactive winning mentality. The Morris situation was a real curve ball and required a quick response. Cannot criticise the Batchelor appointment at the time in view of alternative options. The recent double change ditching Bomber and bringing in Cook however is difficult to defend. There is a reason why Batch & Cook had yet to be offered a team place at this level before now and now Dickson knows why. Dickson is a winner and he is no doubt frantically looking at one final team change for the run in. It’s no good scraping into the play offs if you can’t even win at home.

Cook OUT Michelsen IN 

• Haha 1