British Speedway Forum

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

24 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

There's no logic to that ruling that I can think of!

Furthermore the 'special' rule covering drug test enforced absence meant that despite the complete silence from Birmingham it looked pretty obvious that this was the cause of Morris' non-appearance.

22 hours ago, Najjer said:

I find it mind blowing Leicester haven’t made a statement on this - all they have done is share the SCB news bulletin. One of your riders has just been banned for a serious offence and they’ve said nothing!!! It honestly frustrates me how bad some of these promotions are at communication and it’s not even my team.

Happy now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Absolutely no need to speak with SCB as the Lions already know it’s a 30 day ban and they can only use RR facility during that period unless they drop Morris from the team & replace him with another rider. 
Passing any opinion on the situation is not advisable and comments best kept to actions made in response to the current circumstance i.e they will run RR for the next meeting or they have signed another rider to replace Morris short term or permanently. 

It’s an initial 30 day ban to allow time for a hearing, tougher sanctions could follow.

• Like 2

If he's suspended from British Speedway only at the moment, what would happen if he's found to be guilty of whatever charge is being made against him, would any ban imposed be worldwide or just for the UK?

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

If he's suspended from British Speedway only at the moment, what would happen if he's found to be guilty of whatever charge is being made against him, would any ban imposed be worldwide or just for the UK?

Whilst everybody is trying to be diplomatic and trying not to judge until all the facts are known, the bottom line is he is guilty and its just the severity of the overall outcome that is to be decided. I have little sympathy for him whatever the outcome as its all his own undoing. The Lions have been swift to replace him and I just hope that Birmingham can come up with something because neither of his teams deserved this.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, iainb said:

On Friday the Poles announced that Nick was suspended across all international speedway calender events, so its an international suspension for now, not just UK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Originally the Poles (or Latvians in this case) thought he would be able to ride in Poland but that has since changed and he is banned worldwide currently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

So does anyone know what his reasons for refusing the test was he whizzing his t*ts off or something?

I've heard every rumour under the sun. It was hot topic in the stands last night and I still don't have a solid answer, but from what I heard the most last night is that he was using cannabis oil to treat injuries. It tested positive of course. I also heard his urine sample was full of cold water but again only heard it from one person. Still don't know if that's what happened only nick Morris will know the answer. I imagine he's going through alot of mental struggles right now as I know speedway is his life and income.