British Speedway Forum

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Bit hard on Dan, as he was doing his job, but should make Leicester stronger, so can't complain!

Might do him a favour, won't now have the loyalty he may have had for Leicester and kick on with another club.

7 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Might do him a favour, won't now have the loyalty he may have had for Leicester and kick on with another club.

I don't think there's any need for him to "kick on" at another club. I'd suggest a 5 point Champ rider, getting a 3.1 ave in his first Prem season is already showing good progress.

Averaging better than Rowe, Edwards, Thomas, Mulford, Jenkins & Palin did in their first "rising star" opportunities.

If he gets another RS spot & carries on with his current form, he's done well for me!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think there's any need for him to "kick on" at another club. I'd suggest a 5 point Champ rider, getting a 3.1 ave in his first Prem season is already showing good progress.

Averaging better than Rowe, Edwards, Thomas, Mulford, Jenkins & Palin did in their first "rising star" opportunities.

If he gets another RS spot & carries on with his current form, he's done well for me!

Seems to compound the feeling it maybe a silly decision, dropping a level headed young man on the up for someone who seems to have history who may do better? 

6 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Seems to compound the feeling it maybe a silly decision, dropping a level headed young man on the up for someone who seems to have history who may do better? 

I think it's the right decision to help Leicester make the play-offs. But wanted to show how I feel Dan T has done nothing wrong!

Sadly this sort of change is not anything new in Speedway, look at Joe T losing his team spot at Scunny as they couldn't find a replacement for Kennedy!

Haven’t seen the Facebook posts but the situation appears to be a little awkward all round. It was obviously Dickson’s decision to drop Dan (he’s a winner and therefore ruthless). Dan will now need to get his head down in the Championship (more his level) with his new club Birmingham. Brum of course have just appointed a new manager…….. a certain Mr Stewart Dickson.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Which is another bone of contention in the posts. Don't be surprised if he doesn't turn a wheel for Brum now.

Everyone at Leicester has a soft spot for the twins (having seen them start out as mascots), but getting axed, however unfair it may seem, is unfortunately part and parcel of the sport. The sooner they learn to accept it the better. In view of the lack of opportunities out there, they may have to learn to be tight lipped.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Everyone at Leicester has a soft spot for the twins (having seen them start out as mascots), but getting axed, however unfair it may seem, is unfortunately part and parcel of the sport. The sooner they learn to accept it the better. In view of the lack of opportunities out there, they may have to learn to be tight lipped.

I think it's the sacking by text that has particularly irked him.  I mean, I don't see how anyone sensible could disagree with the team change.

Sacking by text is a bit Hortonesque though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CB252 said:

I think it's the sacking by text that has particularly irked him.  I mean, I don't see how anyone sensible could disagree with the team change.

You pat them on the back when they do well and chat to them face to face. Then sack them by text:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, CB252 said:

If he was notified by text then that is appalling and cowardly.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gazzac said:

He may not be out of work for long

Edited by W9 Lion