British Speedway Forum

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

20 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

It does need a little face lift the stadium 

The problem at Leicester isn't so much the lights but the height the Poles are at. They are too low and you get a dark area by the Air Fence.

If they are that height due to Planning the obvious solution would be to put some on the Centre Green aimed at the base of the Air bags. 

Probably the most recent example of how a change of race night causes a club to fold was Rye House. Highly successful in the premier league racing on Saturdays, crowds plummeted when they were forced to race midweek in the premier league. That was the beginning of the end for the “Rockets” 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

The problem at Leicester isn't so much the lights but the height the Poles are at. They are too low and you get a dark area by the Air Fence.

If they are that height due to Planning the obvious solution would be to put some on the Centre Green aimed at the base of the Air bags. 

Serious question - Is there any other track that has lighting on the centre green facing outwards?:blink:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Serious question - Is there any other track that has lighting on the centre green facing outwards?:blink:

In the UK? Maybe not. I don't know if that particular track is still running, but think that the very small track at Pinjar Park in Perth WA has/had lights in the centre. Possibly one of the tracks in the USA? 

52 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Arlington had lights on centre green and outside track

Lakeside had lights on centre green. 

Benefit is they avoid dark areas beneath bags. 

Best of course are lights over track like a lot of the older dog tracks. 

5 minutes ago, HGould said:

Berwick {Berrington Lough} had lights on centre green

53 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I’m really impressed with how Leicester are keeping everyone informed of all the goings on etc regarding 2023. Signing news. Track upgrades. All positive stuff. Pboro. Belle vue and Ipswich haven’t heard a peep from their promotions !

Belle Vue are busy trying to sell tickets for their Christmas Cracker.

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Didn't King's Lynn used to also before their centre green was concreted... used to be protected by giant tractor tyres, or am I thinking of Eastie?

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Perhaps they can use the motorway blade from Swindon to fill in the pot holes in the car park for starters!

Now come on, don't we all enjoy trying not to trip up over the collapsible bollard on the footpath after a meeting and the ankle breaking jeopardy as you try and get to your car?! ;)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, iainb said:

Didn't King's Lynn used to also before their centre green was concreted... used to be protected by giant tractor tyres, or am I thinking of Eastie?

I think they did. 

Watched Stocks feature on Top Gear from KL the other week and it looks awful with that concrete. 

Not been to KL for about 20 years. Used to be brilliant track in the 70s and 80s.

Shame they couldn't have put some green dye in the concrete mix. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Now come on, don't we all enjoy trying not to trip up over the collapsible bollard on the footpath after a meeting and the ankle breaking jeopardy as you try and get to your car?! ;)

Whilst trying to avoid a hit and run from the golf buggy that can't wait a few minutes for the crowd to clear. I'm genuinely surprised somebody hasn't been seriously injured!

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Perhaps they can use the motorway blade from Swindon to fill in the pot holes in the car park for starters!

The revised planning requirements included the car park being tarmacked over with parking places marked out. This is the landlord's responsibility (Mr Hemsley). So if anyone incurs an injury, you know who to threaten legal action with. 

I wonder if the Swindon equipment had been acquired sooner, would the second leg of the final have been run at Leicester?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, iainb said:

Whilst trying to avoid a hit and run from the golf buggy that can't wait a few minutes for the crowd to clear. I'm genuinely surprised somebody hasn't been seriously injured!

Needs a separate golf buggy lane to be built. With a couple of chicanes;)

11 minutes ago, Big Al said:

The revised planning requirements included the car park being tarmacked over with parking places marked out. This is the landlord's responsibility (Mr Hemsley). So if anyone incurs an injury, you know who to threaten legal action with. 

I wonder if the Swindon equipment had been acquired sooner, would the second leg of the final have been run at Leicester?

I know about the planning permission to tarmac the car park and mark it out but I think that's unlikely to happen. I don't park in the car park but it's a definite put off trying to walk through it especially when the pot holes are full of water! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I’m really impressed with how Leicester are keeping everyone informed of all the goings on etc regarding 2023. Signing news. Track upgrades. All positive stuff. Pboro. Belle vue and Ipswich haven’t heard a peep from their promotions !

Tbf to belle Vue. We have an event on 8th December to tell us all that. And rider reveals. So no point telling us now. Always better to find out in person 

• Like 1